Trans 5th gear ETKA help

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Hey all,

I have an 02 Jetta that I did the .681 gear swap on way back in 2006. Just recently it started acting like a syncro was going.

Well, it turns out that's not what it was. The bolt in the center of the larger gear has backed itself out and wore through the trans end cover.

As a result I need a few replacement parts that I hope will get this trans going again.

1) the large M10 bolt (which chewed up its first few threads in the course of working loose)
2) all three of the little teeth/palls that go inside the selector gear (they look a little worse for the wear)
3) the two wire C-clips that hold the selector palls in place
4) the trans end cover

Your help with ETKA looking up part numbers would be appreciated.

TIA,
Mark

Last edited:

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Item 1 - 0A4 311 335 A (hex socket head collared bolt, M10x1x35.5)
Item 2 - Not sure what you mean exactly, maybe 084 311 313 (catch, qty 6)
Item 3 - 088 311 311 D (spring)
Item 4 - 02A 301 211 A (transmission cover)

PM me your e-mail and I'll send PDFs from ETKA to confirm, if needed.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Mark, I can help you with a few of those parts.

I'll need to dig thru my stuff tomorrow. I know for sure that I have the tanny end cover, maybe the bolt that backed out, possibly the dogs (three of them), and at least one of the retainer springs........

I'll look tomorrow! ............ PM me as a reminder~!

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Al - thanks for the P/N's they are the right ones. I stopped by the local dealer and had them pull me a screen shot from ETKA to confirm.

Andy! I ordered the little parts while I was at the dealer ... but I would love to get your end cover. VW is quite proud of that simple stamped sheet metal part. :(

PM inbound.

Mark