trailer hitch

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I would think Jetta springs would be closer match. Same chassis and suspension design. Tiguan is on a different chassis and has IRS instead of beam axle.

Jason

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
People have put tiguan springs on the jetta sportwagen, that's what got me thinking in that direction to begin with

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
Right, and I guess this depends on which suspension you have. I have a '13 with solid axle beam like the older Jetta sedans. If you have the IRS then Jetta wagon suspension would be closer match to yours. But keep in mind Jetta wagon is heavier than your Beetle, and Tiguan is heavier than the Jetta wagon, so for you the wagon springs "should" be the upgrade. Best way to make sure would find someone on here with ETKA access and compare the springs between them.

Jason

deuxdiesel

TDI
'12 Golf TDI, 14' Beetle TDI, '16 GTI
For those of you who bought the Curt, how well did it survive shipping and who did you order it from? I put a Curt on my wife's (soon to mine :) ) '12 Golf TDI and the first one came bent with the powdercoat peeling off in huge chunks. I sent it back and the same thing happened to the second one. Auto Anything was a pain to deal with, and even though the hitch was drop shipped from a Curt factory less than 40 miles away, it still got banged up. I ended up just sanding and painting the second one myself. AA, Curt and FedEx all blamed each other. We are about to pick up a '14 Beetle coupe TDI and I want to put a hitch on it, but I am hoping for a better experience. Any advise would be appreciated.
David

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
mine was fine. The box was pretty ****ed, as it's been on every hitch I've mail ordered, but the hitches have always been fine.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you end up putting a hitch on? I am struggling to find a compatible hitch for my 2015 beetle tdi - supposably the ad blue tank is in the way?
You may have to get one an try it out. Or have a competent shop modify it to fit. Best I can tell the AdBlue tank just covers or mounts in the way of mounting the hitch to the body.

'15 TDI Beetles are rare around here, but if I see one I'll take a look. (I work at VW shop)

Jason