Traded 09 tdi/dsg for 11 tdi m6spd Miss my highline mfd

deoncollins69

TDI
2011 jetta sedan 6spM
So I traded in my 09 TDI sedan for a 11 TDI manual 6sp sedan. The old tdi was having to many issues and I wasn't going to take a chance at it breaking down again. Already had the lift pump take a dump and that took out everything in the fuel system. Then the tranny started acting up. See Ya!
I picked up a nicely equipped used Sedan with15k on it . I would have rather picked up a DSG so my wife could drive it but oh well!
The 2 things I miss are the mfsw and the high-line MFD. I upgreded my old TDI with a RCD-510 so the radio is familiar.
I understand that you can upgrade the MFD and MFSW. Where do I start, being I have a manual 6sp? I have the leather wheel with the audio controls so I would rather get the right side buttons and the ribbon cable and re-flash the BCM. I'm a GM guy so these may be the wrong terms, don't lynch me!
What do I need? Where do I look and has anyone else done the same upgrade?
I have a lot of contacts at salvage yards so If I know what part numbers to look for I just have to find the car.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
you just need to find the right side buttons and swap. Very easy to do. I purchased mine from ebay for 100$, i bet they are lot cheaper now.

Part number is 5C0959538A, you need to remove the airbag and just remove the right hand side cover, install the new right side buttons and you are done.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Please tell more about the failed lift pump taking out the entire system !!! Some members believe this is one cause of hpfp failure !!!

deoncollins69

TDI
2011 jetta sedan 6spM
Please tell more about the failed lift pump taking out the entire system !!! Some members believe this is one cause of hpfp failure !!!
I misspoke it was hpfp that took out everything to thelevel system. I changed the fuel filter one month after the system was replaced and found aluminum in the filter housing so I got rid of the car.

Anyone know where I can find a fmfd for my 6sp manual TDI?

kjake

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone!
you just need to find the right side buttons and swap. Very easy to do. I purchased mine from ebay for 100$, i bet they are lot cheaper now.

Part number is 5C0959538A, you need to remove the airbag and just remove the right hand side cover, install the new right side buttons and you are done.
This is all that I could find on eBay: http://r.ebay.com/jq0xLu

deoncollins69

TDI
2011 jetta sedan 6spM
Has any one removed their wiper stalk and replaced it with the standard model? I will probably pull mine to make it nonredundant. I've located quite a few local yards with newer jettas and will get the buttons soon. Now anyone chime in on the cluster upgrade?

kjake

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone!
I would love to have the GTI cluster and full MFD, but I'm going to wait for someone else to figure it out...