traction control fuse keeps blowing

ebockus

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
driving home and the traction control light came on. it's blowing fuse 4 a 5 amp fuse. i scanned it with vag 0668 low voltage on terminal 30. because of the blown fuse. any help?

Last edited:

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon
you may not find this very helpful but I'd like to be the 1st to commend you on driving sooo harddd that you've blown the fuse on the traction control!!! congratulations! :)

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Corrosion can build up on the fused links on the connections on the front side of the engine space electrical fuse/relay box. In this instance creating a high resistance connection. That might be a place to start. sorry I can''t offer more help.

Jesus Is Lord

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon 144,000 2003 Eurovan VR6 2007 Touareg V10 TDI 158,000
I don't remember which fuse it was, but I knew someone that had the same problem. After looking at some diagrams, it looked like the fuse was the wrong size. After the correct one was installed, the problem never reoccurred.

I would definitely check for corrosion though.

Finding the correct fuse diagrams can also be quite hard to do.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
If you install a bigger fuse the problem will quickly identify itself... Itll be the thing smoking. :D

ebockus

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
i found the problem. passenger side wiring on the hood. where it bends as u open and close the hood. it's fir the heated washer nossles. there are two small bundles of wires here. it's the ones that are wrapped in what looks like hockey tape. they were corroded and snapped in half. two tan and two black with green stripe. i read like four guys over on vwvortex with the same problem. not one of them posted how they fixed it. they just come with a problem and leave when they solve it. don't share with the rest of us. drives me nuts lol. IF YOU FIND THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM POST IT. LOL

Last edited: