TPS Tire Pressure Sensor - Brand and Supplier and Prices

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
It's time for a tire change and I'm going to put a new tire pressure sensors. Can anybody direct me to a good brand and dealer to buy them from. I also probably should replace the seal kits. I checked online the sensors run about $35-$40 each (but some well overvf100 each). I see Siemens is one brand both there are other brands.
Dealer wants $140 and also another $120 for the seal kit. Seems a little excessive. The tires are only $147 each.
Advice on brand of sensor and where to buy them. Do they come with seal kit.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I'd do away with it and recode it to just use the ABS sensors like the newer cars. On a 2010 you should be able to do that. The downside is that if it does detect and trigger the warning light, you will not have a button to reset it, you'll either need to let it reset itself or use a scan tool. And you'd need to use the scan tool every time the tires are rotated. But at least you'll never have to worry about the sensors.

Siemens/VDO is the OEM supplier for those. Doesn't matter where you get them. And they come with a new fit kit.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd do away with it and recode it to just use the ABS sensors like the newer cars.
Good advice. However the original set worked so flawlessly for 10 years I really like the idea of having absolute pressure sensors. They saved me a few times due to my laziness and not checking the pressure in a long time, when it got below 32 psi.

It looks like it's the new ones (not OEM) don't come with a seal kit according to ECI which is where I'll probably buy them. The seal kit only cost 16. The total will be about 50 bucks a corner or 200 total. Read a lot of people complaining they bought stuff from Amazon or Ebay and what they got look used. I definitely want new sensors with new batteries that have been sitting on the shelf for years. ECI seems more reputable than Ebay or Amazon sellers.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
https://www.tpms.com/SE10003-Continential-VDO-TPMS-Sensor-Redi-Sensor-p/se10003a.htm

That’s what you want. And it does appear to come with the valve stem.
Thank you. Thise look great good price. Yep I bought some just like it. I found them on TPMSDirect.com. They are new Siemens 1K0907253D. With shipping (free) and tax total of $85.87. They were on sale for $19 97 each. I'll let you all know.

That is better than OEM dealer.. $140.00 EACH! That is just stupid money. Sensors should be no more than $20 apiece total.

Last edited:

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
I got all the sensors. They are all marked Audi VW in factory sealed bags. :D

Fingers crossed. I also got my 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +3 225/45ZR17's. Tire Rack $146 each... free shipping. The smell of new tires is in my house entrance.

Now I have to find a place to mount and balance tires. Tire rack uses Firestone. They are pretty good.... I'm going to get an alignment as well.

The current tires are also Pilot Sport's same as above. I got 67,000 miles and there is still + 4/32 left. I installed them at 47,652 miles, replacing the original Handkook's. I now have over 115,000 miles. Seriously that's NUTS.... I drive careful I guess but man that is great mileage. So I bought the exact same tires.

The only thing I noticed as the Michelin's wore out (and this is a no kidding daha) at high speeds in very heavy rain hydroplaning. The experience I had was driving speed limit 75 mph, freeway (rural Arkansas/Texas was not crowned, standing water in places, black top). The weather front that produced the rain later produced tornadoes. it was wipers on fast can't see heavy rain.... So no kidding hydroplaning. I slowed to 50-55 mph. I could milk another 10K miles out of these, but prices are good. No need to run them into the ground. I got my money out of them.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
You would have hydroplaned even on fairly new tires as there is a limit to what tread design and depth can do.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
You would have hydroplaned even on fairly new tires as there is a limit to what tread design and depth can do.
Probably, but logically worn tires do not channel water as well as newer tires. But I do agree the weather and road conditions would have made any tire hydroplane. I never lost control and tracked straight, but I was white knuckling it. I'm going to swap them out a little early.