Touran TDI in NM

gredi

Veteran Member
Went to see LOTR today and saw a black Touran TDI in the theater parking lot. It is smaller than I had imagined, but good looking though.

I wonder if I could talk the wife out of her Durango...

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I have heard that VW has no plans at present to bring the Touran TDI here for sale . /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But that's a van that I would buy .

gredi

Veteran Member
I would have to drive one before I could make a decision about a purchase.

I would have taken a picture but, I recently discovered that my digital camera no longer functions. Darn my luck!!

I was expecting a Dodge Caravan sized vehicle. However, I would consider it to be more a compact mini van. It looks like it would work well for 4 adults and baggage for an extended trip.

It was spotted at the Telshor Cinema in Las Cruces 22 Dec 03 @ 1530 MST. If anyone knows who it belongs to, maybe they can chime in. I personally thought it looked very cool. Having a TDI in it is icing on the cake!!

Does anyone know if they are all LH drive? This one was.

gredi

Veteran Member
Perhaps with all of the German presence in this area, someone found a way to import it. As I understand the vehicle import laws, if it does not have the required safety equipment (door beams etc), a US emissions sticker, a MPH/miles speedo/odometer, is to be used in a mfgr testing program. or as a racing vehicle, it could not be imported.

By the time we got out of that very long movie, it was gone so I could not ask how they got it here. I wonder if it sold in Mexico and maybe that's how it got here. Dunno /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gredi

Veteran Member
I suppose you're right. It did not have manufacturer plates or any other abnormal external markings. Just regular NM license plates and a TDI badge. Darn our luck /images/graemlins/frown.gif