Torque Convertor

cpinde

TDI
05 VW Passat, 04 Jetta, 06 BRM Jetta, sold 15 Golf current
I'm sorry to beat a dead horse but I just picked this car up 2 months ago and now I see why it was such a good deal. I only have 129k on it and the TC code popped up a couple weeks ago. I'm a MKIII and MKIV guy so I have a OBD Scanner in every car. I scanned it and then cleared it. I haven't had the code come back. Yesterday while doing some spirited driving it went into limp mode and the gear indicator in the gauge cluster went "solid". Still no codes though. Today when the car warmed up I couldn't go above 2k RPMs at more then 50% throttle or else the car would stutter. So I called around to see how much a reman transmission is and need to wait a month or two to make sure I have the money to do the transmission, the BSM, and timing belt at once.

So after the long story I need to know if anyone else has been able to drain the transmission fluid/refill and have the transmission last a while. Or should I just refill it. I'm worried that the fluid might've drained out of the TC and without pulling the trans and TC that it won't get enough fluid back into it to even make a difference. I appreciate any advice I can get.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
It would be helpful to pull the codes with a VCDS and report back. These Passats suffer from TC and transmission problems as a normal course of events. Some cars here have been converted to manual trans. You can also do a balance shaft delete with good results.

cpinde

TDI
05 VW Passat, 04 Jetta, 06 BRM Jetta, sold 15 Golf current
I'd love to Vag-Com the car but someone actually stole it from me at Waterfest a couple years ago and haven't gotten another one yet.

gotsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
`04 passat tdi
tranny rebuild

check out European transmissions in cumming Georgia.reasonable as they come.they know their business.