Torque App and clearing CEL's

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6Speed Manual
Can torque clear CEL's? Does it just do some and not all or none at all?? I have a p202b code for my '12 Passat tdi and I can't get it to clear. Maybe it's not one the is meant to be cleared ?

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Yes it can clear faults after you've done the necessary repairs

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Yes it can. I was using the winter fronts and got a p026 code. Removed the fronts and cleared the code with Torque and continued on my trip.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
What that means is that the problem that set the code still exists.

A code, does not tell you what is wrong. It tells you what the ECU sees as out of normal range. What you need to do is diagnose why the ECU is setting the code.

passsattdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium TDI
Yes it can. I was using the winter fronts and got a p026 code. Removed the fronts and cleared the code with Torque and continued on my trip.
What does the P026 code mean? What is the max EGT1 and DPF temperatures to set alarms at?

I looked up the code but it does not seem to exist. P026X seems to be related to injection.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
What does the P026 code mean? What is the max EGT1 and DPF temperatures to set alarms at?

I looked up the code but it does not seem to exist. P026X seems to be related to injection.

.P026A - Charge Air Cooler Efficiency Below Threshold. The temp swung warmer during my 8 hour drive and got this code. I have an alarm set for the dpf inlet temp (CAT B1S1 IIRC) at 1000 F. The dpf inlet temp will reach 1300 F +/- during regens.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=428953

Last edited:

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
I've used the freebie Torq to clear codes. I have not seen yet anything about readiness codes though; maybe I'm misreading it.

It will read pending faults though.