Tool Alert: Flexible Hose Clamp Pliers at P.A.

ik0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
Thank you!
I have been looking for a deal on cable actuated hose clamp pliers for some time now!
This should save some bloody knuckles!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk now Free

HPsenicka

Veteran Member
TDI
2 x 2004 Jetta Sport BEW (Malone Stage 1.5), 2014 GSW TDI - Wolfsburg Edition, 2015 Passat TDI -Sport Trim
Mississauga store doesn't have them.

There was stock in the Hamilton store this morning, but I managed to snag one online to save the trip.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
I've never used this tool, is it really that good?

The only time I had huge problems with a hose clamp is the big thick plastic pipe that goes into the middle of turbo on the passanger side.

skatanic

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf 450k
I picked up one in Hamilton just before they closed. There are still at least a couple there if anyone is still looking.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I've never used this tool, is it really that good?
As is the case with many specialized tools, when you need it, it's probably the only thing that will do... (I'm also thinking of the splined bits needed to remove the alternator pulley...)

Since these aren't particularly hardy (the cable wears out - and this is on my relatively expensive Mayhew), I tend to limit my use of it to only those cases where it really helps out... (Of course, I have a spare... for the embarrassing times when my original one breaks at the moment I need it...)

At this price, it's a must-have...

Yuri

Louis_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Gls
oh man thanks for posting this I have been looking for theses for so long and the only ones I could find were 115$

jfd3220

TDI
2002 Golf GLS
Thanks! I'm going to get one of these to do my TB on the weekend. I just called Hamilton and they have 9. I'll be picking up a couple tonight.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Going to be in Winnipeg at the Mothership store this Wednesday or Thursday.

If there's any left, would anyone want one? I would be happy to mail them out for the cost of the postage/envelope.

trailhead

Veteran Member
TDI
05sPD-BEWagon "Diesel Girl"

If there's any left, would anyone want one? I would be happy to mail them out for the cost of the postage/envelope.
I'd be thrilled to get a set. If you'll pm me an amount and your email. I'll send you the money. Thanks much.

hussainm

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta

I too would be interested! Let me know if you've got any spare ones.