Tint and wing addition :)

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Man, you made me nervous when you put "wing addition" in the thread title. <ore of a lip than a wing, phew!

But that looks rad.

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Very sharp looking!
Have you done any mods to this other then the tint and the lip spoiler or is this all stock?

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Man, you made me nervous when you put "wing addition" in the thread title. <ore of a lip than a wing, phew!

Haha, no huge wings for me! I have one of these little lips on all three of my cars.

But that looks rad.
Very sharp looking!
Have you done any mods to this other then the tint and the lip spoiler or is this all stock?
Thank you! No, there are a few other mods. The headlights are upgraded to OEM Bi-Xenon, added fog lights, GLI grill set with a custom TDI badge and painted the trim piece blue to match the "I" (in TDI). The tail lights are the "Euro" dark cherry LED units with rear fog light. I have also installed all LED interior bulbs.

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Thank you! No, there are a few other mods. The headlights are upgraded to OEM Bi-Xenon, added fog lights, GLI grill set with a custom TDI badge and painted the trim piece blue to match the "I" (in TDI). The tail lights are the "Euro" dark cherry LED units with rear fog light. I have also installed all LED interior bulbs.
The lights and the grill were what I was wondering about... if they were stock or not.
Great mods and once again...very sharp car. Probably the sharpest looking Jetta I've seen.

swissglide

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Hey amd is the best, I'm sorry for an offtopic post, but it is related to your car and Jetta mods in general. Did you by any chance get my PM? I wasn't shure if it went through, as my account wasn't activated yet when I sent it.

p.s. the blue line around the grill really makes the car look neat, great job!

tomc585

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Really like the grill enhancements. What color and levels of tint did you use? Does the front windows exceed NYS DOT limits?

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Hey amd is the best, I'm sorry for an offtopic post, but it is related to your car and Jetta mods in general. Did you by any chance get my PM? I wasn't shure if it went through, as my account wasn't activated yet when I sent it.

p.s. the blue line around the grill really makes the car look neat, great job!
Just getting it now, sorry about that. I'll respond shortly.

Really like the grill enhancements. What color and levels of tint did you use? Does the front windows exceed NYS DOT limits?
Just standard color tint at 35% which is illegal in NY (legal amount in NY is 70%).

Yep it was you, saw the blue stripe by the grill and knew I've seen it before so I took a few shots, not the best shots:

That was certainly me and thank you for the pics! I just got it lowered on friday and haven't posted the pics up here yet.

AndySRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cup car
not to bring up a old thread but just a quick question on the blue paint for the trim of the gli grille where did you pick up the paint and and do you have a exact color code for it.

Thanks

Andy

11'jettaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Nav
not to bring up a old thread but just a quick question on the blue paint for the trim of the gli grille where did you pick up the paint and and do you have a exact color code for it.

Thanks

Andy
I would like to know as well.
I want to do the same emblem in the grille of my 2011 Jetta TDI.
I can't find a "TDI" emblem that is the same as the car has...chrome with a blue "I".
All others I have found are all chrome or have a red "I".

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG

Thanks

Andy
I would like to know as well.
I want to do the same emblem in the grille of my 2011 Jetta TDI.
I can't find a "TDI" emblem that is the same as the car has...chrome with a blue "I".
All others I have found are all chrome or have a red "I".
It was late and I literally walked into Wal-Mart and I found the closest blue generic spray paint and it worked almost perfect! Nothing special.

My TDi badge is made from the hatch badge on the Jetta Sportwagon.

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
Paint

JSYK, I use the ford engine block bleu. Used it on my calipers, front grill badge, and I am about to paint the background of rear badge. For the TDI logos I used vinyl from a "fast signs" place. I bought a 8x10 sheet for $10 or so and cut it out to fit in the "raised letter" TDI red emblems. Did this mod on the front grill emblem with the paint and also inserted the letters onto a GLI badge and added the vinyl. Rear emblem was painted with testors model paint and chippped away, so need to find the rest of the sheet of vinyl or buy some new. Hope this helps some of you guys. Ford paint for engine block has held up well, but it is dirty.....