Timing Belt Tools in Victoria

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Bora and '97 A4 1.8T Quattro (future TDI conversion maybe?)
So my cousin is looking to buy a MK4 TDI (ALH engine) and some of the ones he's checked out so far all have questionable service records, especially as far as the timing belt. He's a capable mechanic and is quite familiar with diesels but he and his family are living in a temporary residence and he doesn't have a great work space, nor all his tools. I figure there has to be someone in Victoria that has some timing belt tools to loan/rent so he doesn't have to go buy a set. Anyone that has some, please PM me or email me at edmurr01(@)gmail.com

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Alright my cousin purchased the TDI and it definitely needs the timing belt done! He's already ordered a complete TB kit and is awaiting delivery but he still needs the tools to do the job. I know the TDI membership out this way isn't online very often but somebody in the Victoria area must have some TB tools they'd be willing to lend or rent.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
I would lend you mine Ed but I cant find it.Nothing like misplacing hundreds of dollars worth of specialty tools... F.. kris at vm auto he rents them out with deposit... I can pick them up and mail them to you if you need..

larsbar

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I can lend you mine, as long as you would be responsible for them. (I know I can trust you, and I have been ripped off several times, so I don't trust everyone anymore.)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for the replies. Apparently he's already managed to locate the tools and did the job today so all is good.
Lars, I can understand where you're coming from. And thanks for the kind words. Let me know if I can help you out sometime, just to repay your offer to let me borrow the tools.
glitdi thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind for future reference