Timing belt Job Central Coast Ca

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Are there any mobil guys that could do my timing belt in a couple months? Any recommended tdi guys near Santa Barbara Lompoc area? Thanks!

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I dont think anyone is doing that in Cali mobile anymore.... CARB shut our 2x a year gtgs down.... I havent been traveling down there in years now.

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
Hey fellow 805 local,
The nearest best TDI place is in Huntington Beach, SMS European. Avoid the places in Ventura like the plague; AG Autoworks and Concours motors. There may be some decent places on the trusted mechanics lists, last I recall there were a few trusted TDI mechanics in SB.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Yes Top Shop in Goleta is a good option. Im actually in Buellton and may go back to Advanced Automotive in Buellton, but I think my timing wasnt set properly after the last time they did it? My mobile guy adjusted it while doing some suspension work afterwards. It must’d have been off much as he just used a rubber mallet on the ip?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Are there any good diesel mechanics in Lompoc that you know of? Im in Buellton? I need my timing belt done in 5000 miles or so? I may just go back to Advanced Automotive here in Buellton but would like some options? Thank you.

AGTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
I don't know of any in Lompton.

As per my post above, I went to Lighty's in SLO and strongly recommend him if he will take you. He was extremely busy.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Yea id rather go to Top Shop in Goleta. Ill most likely have Advanced Auto in Buellton do it again theyve done it in the past as well as Diesel Injection Service in SM. John at Advanced did a good job and has the tools.

AGTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
Yea id rather go to Top Shop in Goleta. Ill most likely have Advanced Auto in Buellton do it again theyve done it in the past as well as Diesel Injection Service in SM. John at Advanced did a good job and has the tools.
Good call.
Options are always nice.

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
I've had a good interaction at Top shop. Does it need a TB or is the IP quantity off?

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
How's your skills? You could buy the parts and tools for less than what any shop would charge. It's not that bad of a job and you'll have the tools for next time, or sell them and reduce your costs even more.