Time to finally do the pano drain hoses

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Since this car is low use, garaged and virtually never wet I've postponed the inevitable pano drain fix.

I'll be getting it into the shop after the holidays. They are familiar with the tear down and mentioned alot of the interior fasteners are often one time use.

Does any supplier carry a selection/kit of appropriate fasteners to do the job? A list-o-parts numbers? I figure to just have them and replace all if within reason(?) and keep the old (good) leftovers

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
I did the full teardown/cleaning/flushing/nipple snipping, and it mostly went back together fine. But it still didn't solve the problem if the car was parked at an angle, which I thought was pretty dumb, so I taped the whole thing shut with clear Gorilla Tape, which doesn't look too bad at all, and it somehow solved the incessant creaking of the sunroof. Sunroofs are overrated anyway.

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle deceased, 2003 jetta . 2002 jetta , 2012 sportwagon
i had my roof wrapped last week ,gonna see how it works out . i know my headliner has to come out to fix mine right and i just dont wann do that to my 50,000 mile car yet.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I am curious as well because I just took pillar covers off for the hatch and rear doors in order to open the rear headliner to replace the gasket of the radio antenna. now I need new clips for rear pillar panels as some of them are bent by previous owner...........

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
I am curious as well because I just took pillar covers off for the hatch and rear doors in order to open the rear headliner to replace the gasket of the radio antenna. now I need new clips for rear pillar panels as some of them are bent by previous owner...........
If they're the metal clips, I ordered these in the past and they worked fine.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
plastic........ metal clips are fine. plastic nipples are mostly bent. but can reuse but wont survive on the next time.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
plastic........ metal clips are fine. plastic nipples are mostly bent. but can reuse but wont survive on the next time.
Any part numbers on the common failure pieces?
Id like to have a few before its all apart
thx

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
Wrapped . Like the pano covered?
yes . the whole roof to the body line next to the top of doors . i pulled the roof rack fpr them . i think it looks exceptable and its 100 percent reversable. and no light gets thru at all.

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
ill get it outside and take some good ones to post , its 3m black and look like it has some texture to it. it only took one leak episode to convince me to do it.