Time for tires

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Im surprised it took 25 responses before someone recommended Nokian WR.. That was my choice 10 months ago and they handle snow well.

Nokian enTyre 2.0 or their newer offering will be going on the Passat.

We have Hakka's for when the white stuff hits the gound.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
As I told you in the other thread, just go with the Quatrac Pros.

I've owned Primacy MXM4's, WRG2, WRG3, and WRG4's, Continental LS', and the Pros are the best thus far.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Bought a set of Michelin Cross Climate 2s yesterday. Hope they do what they're supposed to. Looked at the General Altimax 365s as I'm a fan of Generals, but the Michelins get better reviews.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Your tires DOT dated out on the 2015 GSW? Lol, have you cracked 30K on that guy yet?

Trfytoy

TDI
2015 Golf
Just put a set of continental DWS 06 on my Golf. I live near seattle and cannot believe how good they do in the rain and light snow. Quiet on the rough roads and seem to have enough grip on dry roads.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Getting DWS06's mounted on the A3; CrossClimate2 going on the GSW.
For whatever reason, when both cars had factory ProContacts I always found the A3 to have more road noise - maybe it's just that the engine is quieter (e-tron around town; 1.4T gas on the highway)?.

Regardless, though, I'm going to be interested to see how these different tires compare.

Christofer67

TDI
Vollswagen
For better handling, there are the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ and Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 options, both are solid tyres. Continental DWS are excellent and get more mileage and if you plan to use them in the snow, they are the best. The Pirelli's are more of a grand touring tyre, made for smoother, quieter ride.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
Well, I went with a new set of Toyo Celsius. My last set definitely had a long life. Vredstein was high on my list, but Tire Rack is basically its exclusive seller. Might not always be easy to get a replacement.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
Town Fair, too? I had a bad experience with Simple Tire trying to get Nordman Solstices and kind of just wanted it done. And, even though it costs some more, I try going to locally owned places instead of chains.

If I’m really unhappy with what I got, I’ll sell them used at a loss and get others. Actually, Toyo has a 500 mile or 45 day trial period where they refund your purchase if dissatisfied. Wow, I hope we get a snow storm soon!

** This goes for the new Toyos on my wife’s MK7 Golf as well as my MK4 Jetta.