Tiguan TDI 4mo - DSG or manual?

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
/\

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I am and always will be a manual guy myself, but I have to say the 02E DSG seems to be a pretty proven gearbox, and works well with the CR TDIs. I would assume the DSG you are talking about is in the same family? It isn't a derivative of the 7sp in the Jetta Hybrids, is it?

So long is it would perform as well as the 6sp does, and still retain the Tip and Sport modes, I could live with it.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Yes it is in the same family of DSG's. It was made for the Tiguan TDI application in Europe.

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
You’re doing some cutting edge swaps. I’m considering scrapping my b5.5 4mo project and getting JSW and doing a 4 motion rear end conversion instead.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
Between a B5.5 4mo and a JSW, I would stay with the B5.5. I liked mine a lot and do miss it. However, I do like the higher seating position of the Tiguan better. It will be better once I get the 4motion completed

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
As I own your old 6 speed TDI Tiguan, I vote 6 speed. We had a DSG GSW and it was OK but I prefer the 6 speed.

A while back when we were using the Tig to pull our camping trailer I was going to swap it to 4motion. In fact, I bought the complete rear suspension (locally) and a 4Motion Tiguan TDI gearbox and axles from the UK. Somehow Fedex lost the gearbox (how do you lose something that big?) between the UK and the USA so I never got the gearbox. It took a few months to sort out the gearbox and in that time we decided to get our Touareg. As it wasn't really needed, the 4motion swap got put on hold. I still have the rear suspension so all I need to do is source another gearbox and front axles. I'll be watching to see how yours works out. I think a 4motion 6 speed TDI Tiguan would be great!

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
dq250 is a very nice gearbox
only reason I'd own a CR/PD engine would be to run a DSG trans
sucks that the ALH never got one, so I'm kind of stuck unless I branch out to other engines