This subforum is NOT for random questions. Use your common sense, please!

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
What's going on? Why so many random posts in unrelated subforums???

--cranky moderator

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I was under the impression that newbies posted in this subforum all the time, it's just that on vBulletin, new threads were held for moderation before they showed up in this subforum?

It seems that on XenForo, that's no longer the case. (...and it looks like XenForo might not support that for only new threads without add-ons?)

(Maybe the right way to deal with this without add-ons is to have people put news submissions into another subforum further down, and then self-report their post to get it moved into this subforum, and prevent regular users from submitting new threads in here at all?)

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
I don't know, but if it remains a persistent pattern of mis-posting, it'll elevate to the entire admin/mod team and we'll figure it out. My question is: isn't this kinda self-evidently NOT a place to post random headlight or brake questions? What has that to do with Tdi news and tech?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I moderate a couple of other forums. Unfortunately it seems to be this way with car forums. Another that deals with a DLNA media server seems to get everyone to post in the correct place for the most part.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I don't know, but if it remains a persistent pattern of mis-posting, it'll elevate to the entire admin/mod team and we'll figure it out. My question is: isn't this kinda self-evidently NOT a place to post random headlight or brake questions? What has that to do with Tdi news and tech?
Headlights and brake questions are clearly technical questions, and news about the poster's car not working right.

:rolleyes:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think the attraction of this forum is due to it being at the top of the list, so new members click here first. From the perspective of a new user, it's probably best to have TDI 101 as the first forum in the list.

@VW Derf

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Wasn't the old forum software set up to require a moderators approval for posts in this news/tech forum? Should we/can we go back to that?