Thinking of making and running biodiesel

Lyons17r

TDI
2005.5 Silver 5 speed TDI
Thinking about making and running biodiesel and my 05.5 Jetta TDI. Thinking about primarily running it in the summer. What should I do/run to have the most benefits price wise/longevity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Clearly you haven't found the search button. See my signature below. There is a lot of reading to be done. Done skip the bulk of the information posted prior to 2009. That's the meat of the subject as you have a pump düse vs the newer engines.

Ask again when you have specific questions. There's a lot on the subject! :eek:

Lyons17r

TDI
I haven't found anyone who makes it and runs it them self in the mk5 tdi's, I'm looking but tapatalk ain't bringing it up. I'm just wondering what all they use, what blend they use to save as much money as possible/longitivtiy of the motor.

Lyons17r

TDI
There are 9 whopping topics in this section and I'm not finding what I think I need.

joshattack

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf auto
At the bottom of the the Alternative Diesel Fuel thread is something that says Display Options. In it you can change how the thread is sorted, ordered, and most importantly how recent the posts are... I think the default is 2 weeks. Adjust it to a higher number and scroll through that if you can't figure out the search feature that is at the top of the page.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I ran B100 in my 2006 for a year or so. No issues at all. Making good bio is key. Some info on that here:

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751

Don't make it in anything connected to your home. Fire and poisoning is possible. Be careful!!

I ran a small scale reactor as my needs then were low. 5 gallons a week. My work cafeteria furnished me the oil. Finding chemicals can be an adventure.