Thinking of getting a Cruze diesel

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Yeah cruzeassembler. Whats up. Was checking the site out and knowledge being new to diesel. Ill post some pics if I figure out how Hahha
Text me when Chevy starts selling the Impala Diesel :D.

KpaxFAQ

TDI
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
Nice, I have a summit White one here. Built in August 2013. I got it just days after completion within 2 hours of coming off the truck at the dealer. Still had plastic on everything and had yet to go into service for the initial "going over".

If I recall correctly from a Cruzetalk thread, you fit the doors/mirrors primarily at Lordstown on these cars? Maybe you did mine? Whoever did, did an awesome job because it's the quietest interior of any vehicle I've ever owned. :) Great work, fun vehicle!

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
This thread is beginning to sound like STEAMING BREAD COMING OFF THE OVEN.

Amazing things to see.

I hope they make soon the Impala Diesel.

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
I'd like to see "DIESEL" badged at least one place on both TDIs and the diesel Cruze. I meet so many people who have no idea that cars come with diesel engines. It would be a great, free way to advertize and educate (I put side badges on my Jetta and get many comments.)

Last edited:

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
i know this sounds silly but i just can't get past the name.
I mean, if you're going to make up a word for the name of your product then go ahead and make up a new word. Don't just make up a new spelling and then pronounce it exactly the same as an existing word.
Cruise... Fine by me.
Cruz... Also fine by me as it's spanish.
Cruze... Not so much. I don't think that's a word in any language.
That's not branding, it's poor spelling. Same thing with the 'prizm'.
Nice enough car though.
Exactamundo !!

TDI
chevy cruze
Nice, I have a summit White one here. Built in August 2013. I got it just days after completion within 2 hours of coming off the truck at the dealer. Still had plastic on everything and had yet to go into service for the initial "going over".
If I recall correctly from a Cruzetalk thread, you fit the doors/mirrors primarily at Lordstown on these cars? Maybe you did mine? Whoever did, did an awesome job because it's the quietest interior of any vehicle I've ever owned. :) Great work, fun vehicle!
I cover a area in last part of trim, cover all jobs and repairmen. But yeah ur right. install all glass on car, back and front seats, doors, and alot of finishing everything up inside.

TDI
chevy cruze
I'd like to see "DIESEL" badged at least one place on both TDIs and the diesel Cruze. I meet so many people who have no idea that cars come with diesel engines. It would be a great, free way to advertize and educate (I put side badges on my Jetta and get many comments.)
Yeah first diesel but already alot of "whats wrong with ur cruze" haha. Put a turbo diesel decal on right side of trunk but waiting on all caps TURBODIESEL decal that matches the CRUZE. should be here any day. Each letter is seperate so dont know if should put turbo diesel or just diesel on right side.

KpaxFAQ

TDI
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
I ordered the badge that goes on the holden cruze in Austrailia. It's not a perfect solution, but acceptable to me. I might remove/relocate the factory green badge on the left this summer.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/atta...es-their-us-model-img_20130920_152459_310.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
That's got me envious. The truth is that only us members of the TDIclub know what TDI stands for.

Almost every I go to fuel up I get a dum-dum telling me that I'm fueling up at the diesel pump by mistake.

I would like to see a "Diesel" badge next to our VW Model Name name plate.

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
^^^ that can be fun. I was fueling at a station with one diesel pump. While I was getting the additive out of the trunk, I spotted a redneck in a lifted diesel pickup giving me the evil eye. In a second he screeched up and said "what do you think you are doing parking in front of the diesel pump?"
"I'm about to fuel my car" I responded. He mumbled "that's a diesel" and roared off :D

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
Last edited by a moderator:

KpaxFAQ

TDI
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
That looks great. It makes you wonder why they didn't do something similar for this continent.
Thanks, It bugs me a bit the fonts aren't perfect but beggars cant be choosers! The 2.0TD badge you see on the left is pretty much unreadable from more then a couple feet away so it's kinda unless IMO.

I had a guy flag me down at a redlight wanting to know all about it one day. He wouldn't of been the wiser without the badge.

KpaxFAQ

TDI
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
That's got me envious. The truth is that only us members of the TDIclub know what TDI stands for.

Almost every I go to fuel up I get a dum-dum telling me that I'm fueling up at the diesel pump by mistake.

I would like to see a "Diesel" badge next to our VW Model Name name plate.
I'm kind of shocked, I've filled up a bunch at really busy stations and no-one has said a peep. Must be full of as Bob Fout put it "Frappa-mocha-latte-cellphone-text." type people :D

I even waiting behind someone getting gas for like 15 gas cans one day at a mixed pump and the rest of the large station empty. He seemed perplexed and then realized I was waiting for diesel and apologized. I sat there idling but it didn't click.

TDI
chevy cruze
These the letters I ordered. Dont know if gonna put just diesel or whole thing. I like the holden diesel too. looks good

Second Turbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Wagon, 373K, 2nd 01M
Cruze®

> I didn't criticize them for using a made up word.
> I criticized them for using a made up SPELLING of an existing word.

Well, get used to it. Trademark law usually makes evocative coined words
the go-to choice for product branding. Generic words are often unavailable
for trademark protection. Real words also carry some risk of
adverse connotations in other languages. Clearing a branding
world-wide is an expensive proposition. Starting with an invented
word narrows the effort considerably, and reduces the risk that
someone else will have already registered it.

In the case of Cruze®, it keeps Tom Cruise from suing GM. :cool:

Curiously, GM is not the only company with a registered trademark
on "cruze". The other uses, of course, are non-interfering. And you
can bet that GM has an entire division of attack lawyers intently
guarding the word.

Last edited:

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Does anyone else find it amazing that TDI2000 is somehow now a huge Cruze advocate and supporter :rolleyes:?

TDI2000Zim said:
The CRUZE TDi will be priced at the same level as a Jetta TDi SE + DSG.

I bet that the level of workmanship from the CRUZE TDi will not beat the Jetta TDi.

In fact, given the HPFP Common Rail issues, I bet that the Chevy will get a black eye in its first 24 months.
TDI2000Zim said:
The only way GM can outcompete VW at diesel mpg is by cheating.

I think that the EPA has been hoodwinked.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I ordered the badge that goes on the holden cruze in Austrailia. It's not a perfect solution, but acceptable to me. I might remove/relocate the factory green badge on the left this summer.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachments/chevy-cruze-diesel/36954d1379705644-anyone-else-order-overseas-diesel-badges-their-us-model-img_20130920_152459_310.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Looks great!

The only thing I would do is move the green insert from the left over to the right. And remove the "CRUZE" altogether.

But that's just me :D!

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
That picture of the Cruz above makes this thread nearly impossible to read!