Thinking of buying a 2011 golf wagon tdi...

RichCA

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL, 2002, Red
Hi everyone. Haven't been around for a long time since selling my 02 golf tdi. My smart car diesel has been serving me well but have a baby now so I need something bigger. I found a 2011 golf wagon tdi with 30000kms on it and was wondering how everyone likes theirs and what problems I should watch for. I wish it was a standard but my wife will be using it anyway so I guess I can at least play around in manual mode but it's just not the same ;)
It won't be like my last tdi with the vnt 17,nozzles,.... But I might get it tuned.

Anyway, what can I expect?

Thanks,

Rich

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
You have a smart car diesel??? you are a brave man :) I have an 11 JSW TDI with 65 ,000 on it only issue I had was so so ac this last week and need to sort that out, if the golf wagon which is a Jetta sports wagon on the US was serviced you should be fine, there have been about a 1% failure rate of the feul pump but I think VW has covered 99% of those, at that mileage all it would have needed were some oil changes. Keep in mind the DSG auto which I have needs a fluid replacement at 40, 000 miles ( 60,000 Kms???) which runs a few bucks here in the states ( about 150 or so) but all in all a great car I was in Missassauga a few weeks back very weird seeing my car tagged as a golf wagon

m_skena

Veteran Member
TDI
Not Any More!
I love mine. I've had no issues (knock on wood) that weren't easily fixable.

The DSG would be the hang up for me. Some people love them, I personally didn't. It's awful expensive to service too.

ValveCoverGasket

Veteran Member
TDI
colorado duramax, 1z vanagon, tdi touareg
random question, but what are you seeing for mileage in your smart diesel?