They finally admitted that Pulling Right is a FactoryProblem!!

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
Having done many 4 wheel alignments, I struggle to understand how the incorrect specs could not be noticed by someone.

You put it on the rack, wheel straight ahead, lock the wheel, level the heads, and toe them all in - that's how it's done. Of course some negative camber too.

I don't see what difference a gas or diesel engine makes either. Especially when you consider that you can "properly" align any car without looking up the specs.

Did the specs call for toe out?

While driving a loaner B7 we hit a really bad pothole with the pass side front tire. The car became very darty after that (toed out). We were on a road trip so I stopped at an autoparts store, bought a 7/8" wrench. turned the pass side tie rod out 3/4 turn and went on with our trip. Car tracked straight as an arrow - no specs required.

Not_Agn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Se TDI
I think it would be more tire related. Simple test, switch the fronts side to side. If it pulls the other way, it's the tires. If it doesn't, could be the alignment, wind, crown of road, brake dragging, etc.

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
54000 miles on a '12--Hankooks in the summer, General Altimax in the winter, absolutely NO pull to the left, or right, in any season. Run tires at 35psi. :)

saleen351

TDI
2004 jetta tdi
Ok. Mine is equipped with Continentals and everybody knows I have been struggling with pulling right. I've dropped last Friday for 30k service and asked them also ro change fuel filter. I also asked couple concerns about wind noise from rear passenger door, fuel pump noiseand start/stop switch peeling. As usual they said they dis not hear any noise during test drive. They only replaced start/stop switch. I asked them if they could give alignment specs and supervisor gave it to me. After I picked up my car, COld A/c did not work for almost 45 minutes. I do not know why. They also told me they updated the software.
Here are the factory specs if you will ever need according to my VIN
(2014 TDI SEL w/ Nav)

FRONT LEFT CAMBER -0.21
FRONT RIGHT CAMBER -0.21
FRONT LEFT CASTER 7*27'
FRONT RIGHT CASTER 7*27'
TOTAL TOE *0.10
REAR LEFT CAMBER -1*20'
REAR RIGHT CAMBER -1*20'
TOTAL TOE *0.10'

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Here are the factory specs if you will ever need according to my VIN
(2014 TDI SEL w/ Nav)
FRONT LEFT CAMBER -0.21
FRONT RIGHT CAMBER -0.21
FRONT LEFT CASTER 7*27'
FRONT RIGHT CASTER 7*27'
TOTAL TOE *0.10
REAR LEFT CAMBER -1*20'
REAR RIGHT CAMBER -1*20'
TOTAL TOE *0.10'
If those are the correct new nominal specs, there are some slight changes but all are within the range of the previous specs. You've mixed decimal degrees with angular degrees and spec sets are usually stated in one or the other, so its not clear if those are correct as written, but they're within the previous range when read either way. Previous specs were:

FRONT
Camber nominal -0*30' (acceptable range 0*00' to -1*00')
Caster nominal 7*75' (acceptable range 7*25' to 8*25')
Total toe nominal 0*10' (acceptable range 0*00' to 0*20')​
REAR
Camber nominal -1*00' (acceptable range -0*50' to -1*50')

Last edited:

saleen351

TDI
2004 jetta tdi
If those are the correct new nominal specs, there are some slight changes but all are within the range of the previous specs. You've mixed decimal degrees with angular degrees and spec sets are usually stated in one or the other, so its not clear if those are correct as written, but they're within the previous range when read either way. Previous specs were:

FRONT
Camber nominal 0*30' (acceptable range 0*00' to -1*00')
Caster nominal 7*75' (acceptable range 7*25' to 8*25')
REAR
Camber nominal -1*00' (acceptable range -0*50' to -1*50')

Supervisor could not directly print out and his writing was so bad on the paper. The fronts are negative. You are right some slight changes but they say they solved the problem this way. I still believe there is a factory assembly defect on certain vehicles built on certain days and month related to calibration of machinery. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdi-Dean

TDI
2010 toureg
Hello everyone,
As most of you know that i have been struggling with the 2014 TDI SEL since day one about a problem that the vehicle was pulling right which I visited service more than five times. Last visit my car was at the service for almost 45 days which two factory technicians also worked on the car but could not find the problem. Finally it was fixed by a good mechanic by his personal skills. (Not Alignment Equipment). Two days ago I received a phone call from a salesman who told me that Factory Engineer visited their dealership last week. He asked him whats wrong with these tdis. He said they calculated the alignment numbers wrong at the time when they were engineering the TDIs and put wrong numbers to Factory Alignment Machine. So most of the vehicles rolled out factory with wrong alignment specs. Also because of factory specs, they also sent these wrong numbers to dealer alignment equipment. So when dealers think everything is normal on the alignment equipment, they were wrong.
I think problem is solved.
Thank You
Hi do you have the specs for this?
Any updates as far as if it's still in alignment?

Thank you!