there goes my mileage!

Perfectreign

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
School started, and we all know that that means - evenings spent with the young'ns attempting to understand their homework, late nights getting stuff ready for the next day, early mornings walking the dog and shuttling kids off to school, and the freeways being twice as crowded as before, forcing me to drive in first gear.

It was nice during the summer..

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
Sounds like my life. Which highway or part of Los Angeles is that? I travel from Glendale to Fontana 5 days a week.

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
At there is an IN and OUT right there....I have to drive 60 miles for my fix.

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Yup, summer sure went by fast. I don't think I have it as bad as you guys in LA. I do prefer to get to work before the school buses get out on the road. Hope y'all have some good tunes to listen to.:)

CopaMundial

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5sp (New to me Oct 2014) 03 Jetta 5sp (RIP Aug 2014)
Good excuse to get a motorcycle, especially in Southern California with the weather and the ability to lane split.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
School starts Wednesday here and it'll be the same for us. Amazing the difference in traffic (mostly NYC commuters). Going to be real bad with the sun glare for the next couple of weeks.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Good excuse to get a motorcycle, especially in Southern California with the weather and the ability to lane split.
.....anything that can vanish behind an 'A' pillar (or a pencil held at arm's length) would turn my hair white..........

In other news, I was able to transit Long Beach to our state capital about this time last year sans the expected trauma (+ the voyage calc'd 53.3 miles for every gallon of D2).

These are interesting examples of Cherman engineering (who brought you the Me-262 and the Elektroboot late WWII sub which the US Navy used as a standard until nuclear power arrived)

ez

Perfectreign

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
Do'oh! Somehow missed the replies here. Sorry.

@VW_TDi_ - That is the I-10 in Baldwin Park. I have been driving from Diamond Bar (my house) to downtown LA at least once or twice per week the past few months. That same spot (the original In-N-Out) was completely stopped on Friday afternoon. I used to drive from Diamond Bar to San Bernardino. I feel your pain! At least you have Porto's...

@CopaMundial - I like motorcycles, but (1) lane splitting should be a crime. I can't believe it is legal, (2) my friend is an occupational therapist and tends to call them "donor cycles." Motorcycles and LA streets/freeways do not mix. My neighbor (who has a '99 Suburban during the week) takes his Harley-Davidson Sportster out to the desert. That must be nice!

My 20-mile commute went from 40 minutes to a little over an hour now.

temporaptor

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI 11 335D M-Sport
ive been in traffic in that same spot before, not fun.
we should meet up some time, there are a few other members who are local as well.