The World's Smallest Car

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
Lol after a few minutes of watching I asked myself why I actually was watching that, and I turned it off. The guy was just driving around the office. Pointless but funny. :D

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
You're right. After the first few minutes it got a bit annoying. I didn't make it to the end, either. I'm 6'3" and felt claustrophobic just watching him squeeze into the ridiculous little toy. I can't imagine what it would be like in an accident.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
You're right. After the first few minutes it got a bit annoying. I didn't make it to the end, either. I'm 6'3" and felt claustrophobic just watching him squeeze into the ridiculous little toy. I can't imagine what it would be like in an accident.
Probably instant death in a 30 mph accident with another vehicle. The only reason I'd never drive that is because of how unsafe it looks.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
That looks about how our cars used to compare to your guys cars in years gone by size wise lol :D

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
I cut the UK a little slack here. In the 1960s I'm somewhat sure the economy there was still in the post-war doldrums and some people simply needed cheap transportation. Microcars fit that role perfectly for low-speed motoring in the UK.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
If you applied today's technology to a mini-car, it might be pretty cool as a 'grocery getter'. Oh yeah, where would you put them?

For those thinking it, the Smart car is an abysmal failure IMO. For the size, weight, power and cost, I get better everything including mileage from a TDI.

Pretty funny segment but I'm a fan of just about anything Top Gear (U.K.).

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I'd love to have that little car! All my cars except one are toys and this one looks like a blast! Now if you really want to see a horrible, useless vehicle too nasty even for me to consider check out the Sinclair C5. The 1980s at its worst.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
That thing would be cool with a big ass turbo in it, I'm sure the power to weight ratio would be fun lol.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Forgot to mention, did you see the amount of negative camber w/Jeremy in there... :eek: Something tells me it was designed for someone just a tad lighter than he.

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Forgot to mention, did you see the amount of negative camber w/Jeremy in there... :eek: Something tells me it was designed for someone just a tad lighter than he.
A tad lighter, a tad smaller, a tad less Jeremy...

I did like the bit at the end, getting turned around waiting at the light. :D

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
That looks about how our cars used to compare to your guys cars in years gone by size wise lol :D
I traveled to London as a college student in '71 and there were lots of interesting-looking and very small vehicles zipping along the streets. . . .got to ride in a Morgan on that trip!