The VW TDI Buyback Reality

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Good question, you would think common sense would prevail and the answer would be yes. But who knows. Safer and faster to just have a notary stamp it, and then find someone who can scan all 7 pages into a PDF file and help you upload it to the portal.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they have someone scanning them in when they arrive in the mail, and then if there's a problem they have to go retrieve the paper copies if they still have them.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Good question, you would think common sense would prevail and the answer would be yes. But who knows. Safer and faster to just have a notary stamp it, and then find someone who can scan all 7 pages into a PDF file and help you upload it to the portal.

I had mine notarized at a UPS Store. They offered to scan it and send it for a small fee. I told them I would try to fire up my 20yo flatbed scanner I had in the closet and try it myself but I'd be back if I had problems.

As it was my 20yo scanner worked fine.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
If I had not been watching the forums and FB, I would not have known that on the offer form the notary needs to stamp the paper, not emboss it. Embossing would result in the offer papers not being accepted and a delay in the process. Also wouldn't have known that you need to upload and send back all 7 pages of the offer letter instead of just the pages you sign.

I could give plenty of examples like that. Just helps to be informed before the fact rather than after the fact
The two examples you give are perfect examples of overthinking things and not using common sense. Perhaps it is because I've recently purchased and sold real estate, but when scanning legal documents 1) any notary marks need to be visible, stamped or embossed, and 2) you always fax back every page of a legal document. There is no reason not to.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Whoever is processing the paperwork has to be able to read the notary mark. If you're mailing in hard copies, whatever your state uses for a notary mark should suffice. But so send in all pages. I don't understand why people are short cutting this simple step.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Man, you guys are harsh.
OP is venting and frustrated.
OP expected things to go the way the original documentation said it should go. If they'd read the forums here (which not everybody has time to do, and "search" feature CAN be confusing if you're not used to these types of forums), they would have known that things are NOT in fact going as expected.

OP, sorry for the problems you're having. Venting is fine, as long as it's presented as just venting. Once done venting, though, start focusing on possible solutions. There are things you can control, and things you can't control. Read over these forums and learn what they are.
And for those of you thinking that "check in hand" is the way to go, I would like to present a few posts on the forums where:
a) A person was given the "wrong check" from VW which then BOUNCED. What a nightmare!
b) Check delivery to the dealerships was delayed due to weather, holidays, electromagnetic pulse from the Sun...

Given the information currently available, the OP should contact Class Counsel about the problems, and should probably just go with EFT and overestimate.

Good luck, and take deep breaths.

SERENITY NOW. hehe

-T.

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
So what do you want people to say exactly? Sorry for all your self inflicted issues with the buyback? Keep pushing your date back, and I pray that the 16 year old newly licensed kid texting and driving behind you stops when they should stop. Total a car and your out way more than what you're *****ing about. I say this honestly, I pray that doesn't happen. It is just the REALITY of the beast.