The Scam of Professional Injector Upgrade/Calibration Exposed!

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
High dollar nozzles, two stage opening pressures and calibration, flow balancing, blah blah blah. YouTube exposes the scam. Why not DIY?!

*Warning, video contains mildly "salty" language. If you're sensitive to such words, probably shouldn't click the link.

http://youtu.be/eDsyOJTF_u8

Last edited:

A5INKY

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Funny. Super Canadian redneck.
Even better, if you're not one for DIY, you can send your injectors in for this "service" at a fraction of the usual cost. Sunnyvale Discount TDI Smokery, ask for Ricky or Julian.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
Not sure if to laugh or cry .... Man,,,, way stoned or medicated ..

+1 ... Too funny. The poor guy hasn't the where-with-all to secure the table vise . . .

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
Bet they atomize real nice. Like to hear from some one who tried this, and how far they got before meltdown.

bmali98

Veteran Member
TDI
O4 golf pd auto
Lol that's awesome. Thanks for the advice Ricky!

Like the spray angle too. Strait f***n down.

My buddy did this. Gained 47.5 hp 72 tq and 3 gpm!

Last edited:

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
There is a distinct lack of good diesel tuning videos on youtube...also did you see his turbo mod...I hope it's trolling especially as it's filmed the wrong damned way.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I like his turbonizer modification. Gotta do that to mine now, without all the extra mass of them stupid compressor wheels they'll spool lots faster.

I'm actually kinda thinking about ****ting up a set of nozzles with a #78 drill, make up some fixtures and the whole bit. Figure it can't be worse than chinese ones. :p

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Why not just run it with the injector tip removed entirely? LOL

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
How about just lengthen and connect the stainless steel tubing directly to the cylinder?

We could name it the MEGA fuel!!!: injector delete mod.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I've always been a fan of the pintelization method.

That's where you lop off the very tip of the nozzle just above the tip of the sac to convert it into a hybrid pintle/hole type nozzle. Hella mega flow that way!

Best of both worlds, flow of an old school pintle nozzle with all the atomization benefits of the hole type technology.

bmali98

Veteran Member
TDI
O4 golf pd auto
Let's not go overboard, you still need the nozzle obviously to keep the copper washer on the end of the injector during install. However, you may be able to grind of the tapered section of the nozzle off so it doesn't protrude thru the head but sits flush. You can also leave the plunger out and it will be essentially an extension of your injector pipe allowing max volume of fuel to be delivered.

Atomization isn't a big deal in my opinion. If it doesn't ignite on the first cycle, the bowl in the top of the piston will catch it and ignite the next compression stroke anyway.

Edit: oops KERMA beat me to it. X2 on pintle nozzles. I hear that's why a Cummins sounds like a Cummins Maybe you do need the plunger still. He would know. Take his advice.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Hilarious video! Anyone who takes it seriously should not be working on any vehicle.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
This was some seriously funny stuff! The turbo mod vid you could actually hear them struggling to keep from cracking up. And, yet, folks posting to Youtube were "shocked" by it all, obviously missing out on the great humor.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Too funny. The metal left in the pintle hole was an extra touch!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I'm glad I learned from the videos that if we encounter a cracked intake manifold, JB Weld will do the trick! LOL