The Passat is up for Diesel Car of the Year (again)

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
"Voting starts at noon on January 12 and ends at midnight on March 15, 2013. The 2014 Diesel Car of the Year and the 2013 Diesel Car Manufacturer of the Year, as well as the runners up, will be announced at the New York International Auto Show in April 2014."

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I voted BMW for best diesel car maker, but the Passat for the best car. BMW's diesels are simply awesome, but the Passat's packaging brings the best value.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I voted for VW as car manufacturer. It seems as only VW is doing anything to heavily promote their Diesel lineup. What good is having a Diesel option if nobody knows you have it?

I've not seen one commercial for any of the other manufacturers Diesel vehicles, save for Audi.

B00ST00

TDI
14' SE 6spd
BMW builds nicer cars but their power plants are nothing to write home about. My friend is a BMW tech and has been for 8yrs, he sends me pics weekly of carbon'd up BMW diesels being torn down. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Voted for Volkswagen and the Cruze Diesel.
Interesting... Why the Cruze Diesel?

I had a Cruze as a rental for a short spell and I hated it. It was the small gasser, but the car itself defined everything I hate about small, econobox cars.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Interesting... Why the Cruze Diesel?

I had a Cruze as a rental for a short spell and I hated it. It was the small gasser, but the car itself defined everything I hate about small, econobox cars.
While the Cruze TDI in its current iteration might not be as refined as VW products, I applaud the initiative by GM to release a product in a market that they are essentially solely responsible for killing in the USA (passenger diesel cars).