The damage a fork lift fork will do....

Yz2K130

TDI
01 Jetta, black
My wife was driving her 2001 Jetta TDI down the interstate when the car in front of her swerved. My wife didn't have time to swerve away from the unknown obstacle laying on the road. Well she ran over it and much damage incurred. Luckily she was right by an exit ramp because the car died and she rolled down the ramp. Transmission pan is busted, driver's side front and rear rims bent and scratched, and passenger side side airbag deployed. I haven't been able to crawl under the car to see if there is any other damage. Any one know of a good collision center in the Baton Rouge, LA area as the local VW dealer doesn't handle 'collisions'?

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2001, White, Leather
She's lucky it didn't come through the floorpan or something. Good on her for staying on control. :cool: I would have just closed my eyes .

I assume the plastic skidplate is destroyed? You should get a Panzer in place of the 350$ stock plastic one. :D

Good luck
Dave

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Thought it was "hit a forklift" when I first read it! They're damn solid vehicles - Last thing I'd want to hit.

Hope all is sorted soon. Sounds like that bit of iron did a lot of damage. :(

Yz2K130

TDI
01 Jetta, black
Well it's been over a month at the repair shop and the verdict I feared from the beginning of this mess came true. The insurance company called yesterday and said my car was declared totaled. The cost of replacing the transmission pushed the repair limit over the threshold. So now I'm in a pickle. My wife loves her little Jetta and I'm not quite sure that I want to give up on it yet. I have the option of taking the insurance check or take the car back at salvage value and have it fixed myself with the additional money insurance will give me. What do I do???