The car audio thread...

mrgt

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I saw that about the am radio. No big loss as I rarely if ever listen to am. The stock radio has satellite and I believe Bluetooth (just bought car yesterday, still at shop getting safety done). But the radio is very basic with physical knobs for bass /treble control and a small screen. the RCD-510 looks far better unit then the one it has.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I did end up ordering the Axxess ASWC-1, plus a little adapter to fit the steeing wheel port in the back of the parrot radio.

The install was easy (four wires - power, ground, 2 canbus wires in the radio adapter). Making the connection was a little more annoying, as the ASWC instructions were close, but not 100%.

At the end of it all, I followed the install instructions, which required updating the firmware on the ASWC, and following a sequence of button pushes to connect it to the car. three tries and no love.

The device asks for the latest firmware on the head unit, so in the process of menu-hunting for the firmware version, I found an entry "steering wheel controls".

After enabling the radio to accept the steering wheel controls, all is working fine.

It works for the radio, will be checking if it adjusts in-call volume shortly.