The Alberta Thread.

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
Well I know there are more than one AB TDI owner out here.
Who are ya, and what ever else you would like to add.

I'm Glen and have owned a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI (as I am new I think that's right) for 60 days. And live and work in Vauxhall AB.
Life is good. :D

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
You betcha Wolfen,, will give you a big wave when I see ya. Just happy to driven a Jetta. :)
Bob that's a classic.:cool:

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
Another great day in Ab. sun shinning and golf after work. That's the life for me.
I thought there were more than just two members from AB, come on lets hear from you.
Glen

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
I'm in Kananaskis...my bud CGDoig is here too, and should chime in soon. We've organised a few GTGs...there are at least 10 guys from AB here on the forums!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I'm in Kananaskis...my bud CGDoig is here too, and should chime in soon. We've organised a few GTGs...there are at least 10 guys from AB here on the forums!
Man you are soooooooooo lucky to live there.. .I really miss Kananaskis country... Bugaboos... Kicking horse river... Bow summit... and the rest of Alberta.. I had the happiest time of my life when I lived there..... will return some day.

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
Hey tothemax nice to hear from a former Albertan. And I will agree it sure is nice over in Kananaskis.
I was over the Rock pile over by Powel river this summer for a couple weeks and that is pretty easy to get used to.
Hope to go back 2013. :D
Glen

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes I am lucky...I realized it again today when the wife dog and I drove over highwood pass 7200ft 1600m...tons of snow, and clear blue sky...TotheMax, where were you and what were you doing work wise?

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
Man you are soooooooooo lucky to live there.. .I really miss Kananaskis country... Bugaboos... Kicking horse river... Bow summit... and the rest of Alberta.. I had the happiest time of my life when I lived there..... will return some day.

Aren't the Bugaboos and Kicking Horse river in BC?

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes they are

Aren't the Bugaboos and Kicking Horse river in BC?
Yes they are in BC...but a short drive from Calgary and surrounding area!

problemjetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI, 5 spd / 2002 Jetta 01M (RIP, dead 01M)
Calgary

Daniel here, nice to see a few Albertans on the board.

momin

TDI
thinking of getting a 2000
momin in Edmonton these days and loving it! Would like to meet TDI owners from AB

CalAltaDubber

TDI
2012 Golf Wagen
I'm Phil in Calgary,

I've been driving VWs for 26 years (still have my first one :D), but the '12 Wagon is my first diesel VW. I love it.

Belted

TDI
2012 Jetta
Mike in Calgary:)

First VW was a '78 Sirrocco, followed a few years later by a '92 Jetta.
Now have a 2012 Jetta TDI - lovin' it so far with only 2k on the odometer.

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
Hi guys, I was wanting to do the hammer mod. I am located between Brooks and Taber. Anybody able to help me out?
Glen

mnorton

TDI
2000 Jetta
Back in Lethbridge, AB

Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Matt Norton and I just moved back to Lethbridge after having been away for almost six years - it's great to be back!

I have a 2000 Jetta GLS TDI with .216 injectors and a 1.5 Malone tune. I have lots of experience with the Flashzilla (the uploader for Mark's tunes) and VCDS. More recently I'm experimenting with different tunes, different lengths on the actuator arm and a BoostValve to keep it all in check.

I'm in Edmonton once a month starting in the spring.

Merry Christmas folks!
Matt

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Nice to see so many TDI owners from AB. I lived in AB for 25 years and made Hans at a Dealership in Edmonton pretty happy. Friends and I bought around 50 cars from him over the years. Moved to BC, because my TDI has no Blockheater.....
268.000 km on the meter and will keep this one, as long as I can shift......

problemjetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI, 5 spd / 2002 Jetta 01M (RIP, dead 01M)
Rene here,

2011 Jetta TDI - sitting around 71,000k and loving every tank full :).

Oh yeah - Strathmore, AB
Hey there Rene. I'm up north of Calgary. Have you had any issues with your car yet? Did you buy it new or used? Have you been tracking your mpg? Any mods yet?

Last edited:

splendid

TDI
2000 Jetta
I have a 2000 Jetta GLS TDI with .216 injectors and a 1.5 Malone tune. I have lots of experience with the Flashzilla (the uploader for Mark's tunes) and VCDS. More recently I'm experimenting with different tunes, different lengths on the actuator arm and a BoostValve to keep it all in check.
Hi Matt. I also have a 2000 gls and am thinking about injectors and the 1.5 Malone tune. I would be interested in hearing the pros and cons from your experimenting.
-Ryan