Thanks! Injector Pump Leak

MikeB4

TDI
1997 Passat TDI Sedan, Candy White
Hi all,

I wanted to thank the list for making it possible to maintain a TDI. Both of my B4's developed the injector pump leak, and that of course was just because they are 11 years old, and had nothing to do with the fact I used biodiesel last summer when regular Diesel was $4.80 / gal. :eek: Anyway, with CorradoTDI's most excellent howto document with pictures, I was able to change the top and middle seals as well as the coolant hose that started to leak. However, thanks to the list and online vendors, I was able to have all the parts in house and ready to go before the inevitable happened. Also, I had the chirping belt syndrome too, and once again the list pointed me exactly to which part to buy and where the best price was! It worked!

Now, the fun part would be explaining to neighbors why I was hammering on a long block of wood into the engine bay while looking at a laptop computer on the front seat. What a sight!

honda_vtec2

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf ALH tdi, 1997 Jetta 1z tdi
Yeah, I totally agree. This club is great, with all the info and the TDI experts on here giving advice. My car has not been to the dealer yet, based on all the knowledge i've gained on this site. Plus i've met a few really awesome, helpful people on here in person.