Thanks GoFaster

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Thanks for the timing belt instruction FAQ. My Passat turned 62k and I changed the belt in about two hours using your instructions, a few tools including the Park bike tool. I've done a bunch of gas timing belts on various VWs and the TDI is so simple. Damn what an elegant, easy to work on car.

alluneedizshagbaby

I'm about due for a Timing Belt replacement on my A3 (120k miles). I checked out Drivbiwire's Pictorial Guide for this in FAQs. Looks too advanced for me, especially with all the special tools (cam shaft locking bar, injection pump lock pin, special locking bar) & the software he uses at the end to test the Timing. Anybody have any easier method or with non-special tools to accomplish the same thing?

I'm not scared to do things myself, but sometimes you need to face the music and know when something requires a professional. I'd rather have the engine blow due to the pro's mishap rather than mine.

BTW, GoFaster helped me out last month by steering me to the Manifold Pressure Senser problem/solution in FAQ-Troubleshooting. The hose replacement (found right size!) made a big difference although I still think it's behaving somewhat wimpy on me at around 90mph depending on which way the wind blows. If I get a slight head-wind, I peak at 90mph on flat terrain. I've still got Stock ECU Chip.