thanks (again) tdi club

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
just wanted to say thanks again to everyone here for the great information. before i found this site i did not know how to do much to my car. since, i have changed the transmission fluid, removed my headliner and installed an oem roof rack; have partially removed the dash to install a new climate control pad (past car); disabled the security by putting in a resistor to trick the system (past car).

well i was having some very bad vibrations at 60+ and i thought it was the motor mounts. (had the problem before on a jeep cherokee) after checking them i found that 2 were in very bad shape. i just replaced them today. i know for many of you this is like putting in eye drops but for some of us it would be better compared to doing lasik or cataract surgery. this has all been possible because reading here has given my the confidence needed to just go for it. of course, after i have done some intelligence gathering on the interwebs. at some point i am sure to find myself in over my head but i positive that the helpful folks here will guide the way.

anyway, now for the question. now that i have replaced the two mounts is it likely that the other will go soon or should i drive more and worry less on this front.

sorry for the long winded post but i just wanted to say how appreciative i am for this great place and its members.:D

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
The replies to this post will depend much on about which car you are inquiring. There is nothing immediately obvious as to what car it is.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
The replies to this post will depend much on about which car you are inquiring. There is nothing immediately obvious as to what car it is.

Yes, please update your profile an dedit forst post also to include the car info.

While this is a general "thank you" you still may want to have it moved to the specific forum for your car.

It IS amazing the info here though!

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
sorry guys, the purpose of the post was to convey my thanks for the great info here. the question came up as i was typing the rest of the post. the car in question is a '03 mazda protege5 w/ manual transmission. of the 2 remaining mounts, one is an "easy" replacement, while the other is back against the firewall and is probably beyond my skill set. so the question is do i go ahead and do the third for the time being and hope for the best on the forth or just wait until problems may develop. if these two are in "fine" condition they should not put any additional pressure on the new ones. in this thought correct?

also---this weekend i will be replacing the two front sway bar linkages, the right side sounded terrible and is loose. i had thought that part of the deep hollow thud was from the mounts but found out this was incorrect after replacing those.

thanks again on any insight provided.