Test & Tune, SAR 11-07-08

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2009 Jetta Sportwagen
velociT said:
I'm stock so count me out of the betting ;)
"Boostlogic Intake | Boostlogic 3" Downpipe | Straight 3" | 5% tint | AMSoil EA Air Filter | Beckhart ClearBra"

That's not stock, is it?

I'm stock, Jay's stock (IIRC)

I'm also broke, so I can't enter into the betting, but it would be fun to go down there. Can't say Fer Shure When right now, but after 1/1 I'll know more

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Called them yesterday once and left a message for (forgot his name) to call me back. No call back. I'll try them on Monday again.

Sounds like a friggin hoot!

j...

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Alright, here's what's up.

Just called their number....830-914-4646

New message this time, it said that they're running test and tunes Wednesdays and Fridays, $10 to watch, $20 to race....EXCEPT the week of Christmas and the week of New Years.

So...want to pick a friday in January to go? Fridays work better for me because I work on Thursday morning. How about Friday January 16th? They run till 11pm.

I'm gonna be stock for a while I think.

j...

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
** From the 06/09 shootout thread **

Mach1 said:
Jay, can you do a wednesday nite, as that is the day to go, you cant get on the track on friday nights..
Yeah, I can do a wednesday night. How about 1/21? My work schedule looks pretty clear that day for me to take off early from work.

Just me and you?

j...

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Wed nights are the times to go, as you can hot lap if you like..

1/21 might work, DEPENDING ON the weather--its hit/miss this time of the year..

Pat said he would accept your car, but if you lose that he would blame the DSG. Whats up with that?

I will probably trailer mine down there, as it doesn't do traffic well because of all my mods.

Lets preceed with caution(weather) as it gets closer-we can make the call.

We could probably get some local guys to go..

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
If I lose, it's becuase I suck...not because of the DSG. I've been playing with the launch control on the DSG. Not sure exactly how it works.

So...I'm dynoing again on Monday to confirm. How do I keep it from cutting power to the wheels? I really think that's the difference between my dyno and Z's.

What are you going to do if I get chipped between now and then. Prolly not going to happen, unless my modspideysense tingles....

Kinda hoping Pat would chime in here. Great discussion, really looking forward to driving really really fast.

BTW, I got her up to 115 over the weekend from a dead stop. I was too busy paying attention to the road to take the time. I need a little something on my suspension. It didn't hunker down like my buddy's stock (why still stock is way beyond me....) 08 Wolfsburg on the same road. My suspension feels softer than his Wolf.

Mach1

TDI
Hint, ESP applies brakes and retards timing.

It will be fun, practice your launches on concrete..

Theres some good tips...

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
jaydogg007 said:
BTW, I got her up to 115 over the weekend from a dead stop. I was too busy paying attention to the road to take the time. I need a little something on my suspension. It didn't hunker down like my buddy's stock (why still stock is way beyond me....) 08 Wolfsburg on the same road. My suspension feels softer than his Wolf.
Wolfsburg likely has the GLI suspension, like mine :D.

Could we shoot for early February?... maybe (crosses fingers) I can have my car done by then :eek: :cool:

Mach1 said:
Hint, ESP applies brakes and retards timing.

It will be fun, practice your launches on concrete..

Theres some good tips...
Im going to assume he already had it off.

J, you did turn of the ESP before letting them do your dyno runs right?

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I need a suspension upgrade. I could go an inch or so lower, but no more. I was thinking about this H&R/Blistein combo.

Yes, ESP was off during dyno and the manuel says to keep it off during launch.

I've been practicing launches way out on Old Huffmeister Road. Not today though, looks like another wet Houston December morning.

Any objections wating till february? Anyone else want in?

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
jaydogg007 said:
I need a suspension upgrade. I could go an inch or so lower, but no more. I was thinking about this H&R/Blistein combo.

Yes, ESP was off during dyno and the manuel says to keep it off during launch.

I've been practicing launches way out on Old Huffmeister Road. Not today though, looks like another wet Houston December morning.

Any objections wating till february? Anyone else want in?
That suspension looks pretty good, and that 1.4" drop should be just fine. Like you said I would not want anymore. Yea last 2-3 days have been sooo foggy its crazy, it does not lift all day long either...:(

If you guys don't wait till Feb no big deal, I may or may not have the car set up by then anyway. I sure hope so though!

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
SBAtdijetta said:
That suspension looks pretty good, and that 1.4" drop should be just fine. Like you said I would not want anymore. Yea last 2-3 days have been sooo foggy its crazy, it does not lift all day long either...:(

If you guys don't wait till Feb no big deal, I may or may not have the car set up by then anyway. I sure hope so though!
You're not kidding. All foggy and crappy here too.

Car is not leaving the garage. :eek:

Mach1

TDI
Yes, YES lets do Feb, I want a piece of Steve as well:D:rolleyes:;)..

Good practicing your launches, you will represent the CRD's well then..Now if we could get you chipped now..

Hey, I know...Lets get Pat to get jay a module...He wants you to win, well thats the only way its going to happen...

V, you in for Feb??

I bet the bro would bring his Vette...

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
J and I went down to Bartuning today... :p Got some very cool turbo Audi TTs & a S4 there. Nice guy, and a nice shop.

Car gets dropped of the 6th of JAN, hope I have all my parts to me by then...:rolleyes: Should be done sometime between 19th-23rd of JAN. :cool: Till then I walk to work... whoop :D

Then its just got to get remapped. ;)

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
jaydogg007 said:
Also got to ride in Hot Rod Diesel's 10sec truck... All I got to say is WOW...

good times!!
Yea I wish I could have rode in that "thing" lol maybe next time.