Test & Tune, SAR 11-07-08

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
V,

I should be able to make it. IIRC I have this Friday off so I could leave about or before 3pm and be there for gates open at 6pm. If I can make it, I'll make a fool of myself but it will be fun :D

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
V,
I am in for sure if you are going.

Randy you in/can you make it? Anybody else going to make it?

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lightflyer1 said:
Huge layoffs happening right now. I may be free tomorrow if I get the axe! Otherwise I "will" be working for sure.
:( In that case I hope we don't see you Dave. Not fun!

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
V, good to meet up with you.

My times improved on each run but were still slow :eek: but hey 1st time and it was fun :D.

My best ET run #'s were:
2.76 sec 60ft
11.0 sec 1/8 mile @ 66.8 Mph
16.79 sec 1/4 mile @ 85.2 Mph

Just for fun my best ET on the left #41

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I was in Vegas at the SEMA show..

You did beat Daves 17 second 1/4 mile.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mach1 said:
I was in Vegas at the SEMA show..

You did beat Daves 17 second 1/4 mile.
Wasn't his about 17.7? So then by a full second? Would have been nice to see a bit faster trap speed though. ;) I will learn to drive one of these days...:D

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
SBAtdijetta said:
Wasn't his about 17.7? So then by a full second? Would have been nice to see a bit faster trap speed though. ;) I will learn to drive one of these days...:D
That was one expensive second though! Look at that signature line.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lightflyer1 said:
That was one expensive second though! Look at that signature line.
Trust me Dave.... I know :D. I'm sure I could do better with some more practice and learning how to drive...:eek: but... I also know what I spent for my RC tune almost two years ago when Jeff was down here, and how much more I have spent for everything else after that.... Not exactly happy about only the 1 sec differential either ;). Live and learn, but then again I still have not stopped yet so I guess just live and let be.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I'll bet if you launched different or got an LSD you would do quite well...

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
alphaseinor said:
I'll bet if you launched different or got an LSD you would do quite well...
Mmmm LSD....:D It is on the list, but I don't know if I can actually do it or not.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Zlartibartfast said:
Lysergic Acid has never been proven to improve ET's {oh - you're talking about sulpher in the fuel - sorry, I'll shut up now ;-}
Huh lol, I don't nor has my car ever done drugs...:D;)

But I would like a limited slip differential...

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2009 Jetta Sportwagen
is there some form of Detroit Locker for a front wheel drive?

I remember being told the 09 Jetta has a limited slip diff, but IIRC, that only means the power will transfer when the primary wheel starts to lose traction.

If you want equal power to left and right, you need a lock-up differential?

Mach1

TDI
What you guys needed was some coaching...

I bet I could launch mine and be in the 16's...I was even thinking I could get in the high 15's..Steve, you should be somewhere in there, of course it was your first outing, wasn't it?..I have been there already and it takes some doing to learn to launch.

If I can launch a 8000lb truck and hit 13's with 2WD(and not get sideways and hit the concrete barrier), then these little cars would be a piece of cake.

But, we could have fun playing, tell me when you guys go again.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mach1 said:
What you guys needed was some coaching...

I bet I could launch mine and be in the 16's...I was even thinking I could get in the high 15's..Steve, you should be somewhere in there, of course it was your first outing, wasn't it?..I have been there already and it takes some doing to learn to launch.
Indeed first time ever at a track. I learned a bit already, and should be able to improve nicely.
Mach1 said:
If I can launch a 8000lb truck and hit 13's with 2WD(and not get sideways and hit the concrete barrier), then these little cars would be a piece of cake.

But, we could have fun playing, tell me when you guys go again.
;) You would think these little cars would be a piece of cake, but a short first with a very torquey FWD is not as easy as it seems.

We should all try and go again sometime, maybe I will have some new goodies by then... lol :cool:

Mach1

TDI
Yeah...Steve, theres a trick to lauching them all...different tricks work for different applications. I know of several tricks that I will show you when we get together..But remember, its competition and I cant revieve all my tricks, as you will use them against me.

I would be up to some Wed night, or maybe EARLY Friday night.

I have some thoughts for that one wheel drive..

You have to get launched HARD and quick, the first 50ft is where all the time is, if you cant master that first 50ft. then your times wont be good at all.

Its fun, and I cant think of too many things I would rather be doing.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mach1 said:
Yeah...Steve, theres a trick to lauching them all...different tricks work for different applications. I know of several tricks that I will show you when we get together..But remember, its competition and I cant revieve all my tricks, as you will use them against me.

I would be up to some Wed night, or maybe EARLY Friday night.

I have some thoughts for that one wheel drive..

You have to get launched HARD and quick, the first 50ft is where all the time is, if you cant master that first 50ft. then your times wont be good at all.

Its fun, and I cant think of too many things I would rather be doing.
I would prefer a Wednesday if we go again. Friday night involves too much waiting around staging. Once school lets out I can do a Wednesday night.

Chris said he would be around SA some time soon I think...? I would be down to go then should night classes be done.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
SBAtdijetta said:
I would prefer a Wednesday if we go again. Friday night involves too much waiting around staging. Once school lets out I can do a Wednesday night.

Chris said he would be around SA some time soon I think...? I would be down to go then should night classes be done.
Lemme know. My wednesdays are open right now.

Mach1

TDI
Chris, Steve, V, I could do just about any wed. Does Dec 10, look good for everyone...Steve, I thinkl you are going to be the exception, tell us what you think..

Wed. are the best, test and tune, you can hot lap if you like, although I dont think your Jetta will appreciate it..Especially your DMF..Or SMF..

Last edited:

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
SOB...:(

It looks like I have a final that day:

Monday/Wednesday 7:00 PM 8:15 PM Wednesday 10-Dec 7:00 PM 9:30 PM

That is unless I can weasel out of it ;) or take it early... I may not need that grade to hold my average, but I still have to show up and take it anyway. I could go take it ABACADABA style... lol but I still could not make it out to SAR in time.

You guys should go that day, and maybe I can figure out some way to take my final early and make it out.