• Forum down time - September 25, 2020
    On the evening of September 25, 2020 we will have some downtime as we migrate to a new server.
    More details can be found in this thread.
  • Server migration complete
    In the early morning of September 26, 2020, our migration to new servers was completed.
    Things seem to be working as expected, but if you notice any issues,
    please vistit this thread for more details

Telematics/Car-Net/Audi-Connect disable

tdireader

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI
I've never been a big fan of telematics. I'm thinking of trading my vehicle for an Audi or VW.

Any info on disabling this "feature" with VAG-COM/VCDS?

C170pete

TDI
'01 Jetta, '14 passat
No need VCDS ,just disconnect car-net module i have disconnected on my passat 2014
I did this and found that the microphone for the hands free phone does not work with the module disconnected. Phone Works fine with just the 2 pin connector removed. (Looks lie power to the module but not certain) I want the phone mic to work.

Is this module powered through the 2 pin connector or thru the multi-pin connector.?

I would like to assure that no one can see any gps/cellular location of my car, and that it cannot be unlocked thru the car-net system. I'm not a criminal or paranoid, just that my cars location is not anyone else's business but mine.

Thx, Pete

New 2014 passat SE TDI. 190k on a 01 Jetta TDI

Airborne1cav

TDI
2014 TDI SE w/ Nav
Hey, So by accident I broke the single cable going to the Car-net Module. Everything still works except my Parking location on the Carnet App never updates my position (stuck at home) and the Carnet light went red immediately. Here's some pictures - The black box with China & VW is where the cable broke out of. Also, I have a 2014 Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof & RNS-315. So, not sure if it's powered through the single pin connector or not, because I'm fairly certain my Bluetooth mic still works.... but I always have my phone in the center cup holder, so maybe it's my phone mic thats working ? I need to test it out... DO you know where the Bluetooth is located ? I'm want to swap the 315 out with a RNS-510 ! Thanks

[/url]photo (2) by AustinB747, on Flickr[/IMG] photo by AustinB747, on Flickr

Last edited:

Jacks

TDI
2009 Sedan
For a 2015 Passat, the Car-Net module is located under the foam cover under the passenger seat.

Last edited: