Tech sessions

Bike_First

TDI
Golf GLS 4 door hatchback, 2001, white
Anyone able to give me an idea of what topics the Fest's technical sessions will cover on Sunday? Are there multiple concurrent breakouts sessions? If so, what's on when?

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
there will be multiple sessions throughout the morning/afternoon. we're still working on these - more info coming soon.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
Tentative schedule. The times are not yet finalized and the titles were made up by yours truly, so will probably be changed as well. Look for more session as we get closer to the Fest.
<ul type="square">[*]Microscopic Differences Between the stock fuel filter and the CAT filter - presented by Gewilli
[*]Power Mods for the Newbie and Veteran TDI'er - presented by TDIMeister
[*]Maintaining your TDI's Finish - HamsterDiesel
[*]How'd He Do That??! SVTWeb's Euro Conversions - SVTWeb
[*]Maintenance 101 - MITBeta
[*]Biodiesel: Homebrew and at the Pump - NHMike and Dorn Cox
[/list]

The brunch technical presentation will be a presentation on the differences between the PD and VE engines, presented by Art Lebrun of Bentley Publishers. Art is a Senior Technical Editor at Bentley, and has 20 years experience with VW technical training.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
not at this time. however, i'm told that might be a possibility... we'll get back to you on that.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
If there is enough interest, one thing that happens at tech conventions is "birds of a feather" sessions, where there are signup sheets, and people get together in smaller groups to informally discuss a preselected topic.
Sounds like biodiesel could be one such session. Others I can think of:
- navigation systems
- suspension
- chip tuning/performance enhancements
- SVTweb: human or alien life form

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
NOTE WELL.... Ahemmmm all request for the Hamster shall go through ME. We have other Fest duties to attemd to. And there are other obligations also.

You will have a chance at the Zaino process. We will try to accomodate all interested.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
Sorry guys, the tech session is not a chance for you to have your car done by hamsterdiesel. It's a chance for you to LEARN so you can do it yourselves. You know the old saying - "teach a man to fish, and his wife will hate you forever." Or something like that. So be nice to HD for being gracious enough to agree to do this tech session. If we make her regret it, I'll never get my hands on those GTG brownies again. And that's just something that I don't want to think about.

Besides, it's not like she's doing a whole car. It's an instructional session only.

Keep in mind a Zaino kit will be up for auction later that evening for all you new converts to fight over.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
This is the current planned schedule for the tech sessions. This may change if any of the presenters have conflicts or require additional time.

Parking Lot Sessions:
<ul type="square">[*]10:00 - 11:00: Maintenance 101 - MITBeta
[*]11:00 - 11:30: Maintaining your TDI's Finish - HamsterDiesel & Tomo366
[/list]

Fest Meeting Room aka The War Room

<ul type="square">[*]10:00 - 10:30: Microscopic Differences Between the stock fuel filter and the CAT filter - Gewilli
[*]10:30 - 11:00: How'd He Do That??! SVTWeb's Euro Conversions - SVTWeb
[*]11:00 - 12:00: Biodiesel: Homebrew and at the Pump - NHMike & Dorn Cox (will start indoors and move to parking lot)
[*]11:30 - 12:00: Power Mods for the Newbie and Veteran TDI'er - TDIMeister
[/list]

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
What if I want to learn about Biodiesel and hear the alien speak too??
"Liberty, taking the word in its concrete sense, consists in the ability to choose." - Simone Weil

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Hey Phoenix, she's not a miracle worker!
Then why am I doing the demo on your car?!

Hee hee hee... this is going to be fun!

Seriously Phoenix42, Jetter_Sprinta beat ya to it! However, you are welcome to attend and get a few tips to use on that pink thing...

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
If we make her regret it, I'll never get my hands on those GTG brownies again. And that's just something that I don't want to think about.

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
Don't worry Julie I'll be there, some one has to eat the brownies as Derek is going to be way too busy organising thinks to scoff them all!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
I'll have the presentation availible for folks who wanna see it but who can't make it - to the fest or to the tech session...

but it'll be by request only, the images are pretty telling from what i've found so far!!!!

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I'd like to get a copy Geoff! I'm not gonna make it this year.

Too bad we can't have a internet video presentation for the talks - that'd be cool!

resinguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, Silver
... I got the 6th coat of Zaino Z2 on my New Passat Today.....
Well, my car has actually been washed two whole times since the last Fest. That would be the two times it was at the dealer....

It looks presentable to me.

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
LoL!

My two specialties - Zaino and brownies...not necessarily in that order!

Actually, I believe that 'poet may be cocoa based...