Tech session presentations?

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
So I'm interested in the technical presentations... any opinions or comments? And could perhaps the presentations be posted to the pic server so that us non-attendees could benefit?

Thanks!

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I am coordinating with Gaston from Petro Canada to get his presentation. He can't allow all of it to be posted but I will get what he can send us and arrange for it to be posted. GeWilli's stuff is up on his site. I'll get him to post the exact link.

I just need a day or two to catch up at work and then I can go back to finish off Fest stuff. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
[ QUOTE ]
suds said:

I just need a day or two to catch up at work and then I can go back to finish off Fest stuff. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Suds, Is it too late to register /images/graemlins/wink.gif and will you be posting the raffle ticket numbers pulled for those of us who had to leave for home early (hoping I won the set tools but will be happy with anything)?

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
[ QUOTE ]
suds said:
I am coordinating with Gaston from Petro Canada to get his presentation. He can't allow all of it to be posted but I will get what he can send us and arrange for it to be posted. GeWilli's stuff is up on his site. I'll get him to post the exact link.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll provide a link to the PDF for those that want to see it - its 35 MBs. I will not be posting a powerpoint version. Most of the data is on my webpage. . . and the stuff that wasn't well its either on other links, posted on the forum.

Dave Oh was there with a great assist on lots of the technical explainations. I'd like to thank him for being there to offer the very specific diesel injection facts...

ALCO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 A3 Jetta, silver/2005 B5 Passat, silver
Well done guys...thoroughly interesting for me, although I think we were losing "Mrs. ALCO".

One lingering question from Gaston's reference to the Castrol vs. Mobil synthetic oil fight. Where do the polyalphaolefin (PAO), synthetic esters, and alkylated aromatics that make up a Goup 4 synthetic come from? I know that Group 4 molecules are made up in the lab, unlike Group 3's which are "hydroisomerized petroleum base stocks" but made up from what?