Tease: 2008 VW Polo Bluemotion (Ottawa, ON)

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
Here's a teaser... up for sale at the Crown Assets auction (in Ottawa). Doesn't say so in the listing, but this car was used by the government as part of their alternative fuels research program (for example).

Note the restrictions on the auction - car can only be sold for export.

I have no affiliation with this car. I can't help you buy it or do anything with it!! Just posting as I'm sure it's of curious interest to fellow TDI Clubbers!

Crown Assets auction

Blue Motion Diesel
3 cylinder Inline Turbo - 1.4 litres TDI
5 speed manual
2 door hatchback
Exterior: Blue-grey
Interior: Grey with striped seats (various coloured stripes)

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I WANT IT!!!!!!

Stupid US laws. We can drive hummers to the supermarket yet you cannot own a 60MPG car.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

tSoG

TDI
I wish...
I'm trying to build a tdi racecar. I know you can import newer cars for offroad use. I wonder.... does anyone know what the bid is up to? I'll buy it and bring it south if I can...

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
They're being pretty specific when it comes to the cars final destination and how it's going to get there!
EXPORT ONLY
Vehicles are to be sold for exportation only. Vehicles are inadmissible in Canada and cannot be offered for resale in Canada. These vehicles were built and certified for the EU markets and will have to be exported to one of those EU countries. Proof of export will be required. Buyer will have to make arrangements to have a bonded carrier bring the container to Crown Assets Distribution, premises 1275 Leeds Ave. Unit 100, Ottawa Ont. K1B 3W2. Vehicles will have to be loaded in the container in the presence of a Customs agent and the container will be sealed by Customs at an hourly rate of $54.00 (charged to buyer).

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
I suppose it doesn't say specifically it must be exported a EU country but I suspect it may not be easy to import into the US being complete. Wouldn't it be easier with the driveline out?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I was joking: I think you could bring it into the US but you'd either have to get it out within a year or crush it.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
I was joking: I think you could bring it into the US but you'd either have to get it out within a year or crush it.
I wasn't sure and it seems people can be overly sensitive these days so I thought I'd err on the side of caution. :D

I think it would be great if a TDI'er could get this thing instead of the crusher.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Better yet, just don't register it and use it on racetracks only like one poster wanted to do.

Then they can't do anything about it.

You won't be able to drive it on public roads(obviously).

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Why not bring it into the states and run it for a year. At the end of the year pull the drive train, wiring, etc. and replace with that of a dead vehicle and tow it to the crusher. Then swap the drive train into something new.

Dave

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I was going to bring in a Lupo to swap the drivetrain into my '79 Rabbit shell. This could be a contender, but I suspect it won't be cheap.

TDI01844

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
WOW is that nice.

I wish I could bid.

I guess I will have to make due with my 2004 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon I am about to buy.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
I was the lucky buyer. Since I am a dealer, I was able to purchase it and my contact at VWAG faxed me a manufacturer's letter of compliance for both USEPA and USDOT which will allow this vehicle to be legally registered in all 50 states. All I have to do is replace the headlights of all things due to them not meeting DOT standards. The new compliant replacement headlights are being shipped directly from the Hella plant and should arrive to the customs bonding agent by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I will be selling this vehicle to anyone here in the states who can come up with $25,000 firm. Yes, I mean firm. This means no tire kickers, no lookey loos, and absolutely no negotiations. Buyer's funds must clear the bank before vehicle is released. Later!

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
They actually certified the emissions? Wow! What is stopping them from importing these if all that needs to be done is change the headlights?

Dave