TDI's in Illinois

GibMir1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta w/DSG Grenade
Green A4 Northbound 59 @ Sterns 1/16 about 5PM. TDIClub sticker.

Come on - gotta be a winner on this one...

turbinia2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, baltic green
Green A4 Northbound 59 @ Sterns 1/16 about 5PM. TDIClub sticker.

Come on - gotta be a winner on this one...
Ahhh, that sounds like my commute! Did you notice the "E" (cardinal) license plate and Biodiesel frame? (Don't check the forum much these days ...)

GibMir1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta w/DSG Grenade
Winner! Saw the plate - couldn't make it was an environmental a first. If you see a silver A5 with Hawks plates - that's me.

Dr. Raoul Duke

TDI
2013 Passat SE
How does one go about getting as TDI sticker and plate frame and before some overly important self righteous tube steak tells me to do a "search" - if you put TDI anywhere in the search you get EVERYTHING - if you have 'sticker' in there you get 900 mi. tank, 1,000 mi. tank etc. Just looking for a simple answer.

Thanks in Advance,
Dr. Raoul Duke
"Good girls go to heaven.....bad girls go everywhere...."

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
I generally try to avoid the Chicago area in my travels, but on my occasional trip through, I usually see several TDIs. The drivers never seem interested that another TDI is driving with them.

passatv6af

Veteran Member
TDI
B7 6MT
I generally try to avoid the Chicago area in my travels, but on my occasional trip through, I usually see several TDIs. The drivers never seem interested that another TDI is driving with them.
Really? I never get acknowledged by other diesel drivers. I spot diesel drivers right away but they never seem to make eye contact! Is it really that hard to spot the most economical car in all of USA, unless there's something else but I dought it :)

FredIA

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 A5 Jetta, Shadow Blue, Pkg #1/XM, rear side curtain airbags
When visiting my Mom in Elk Grove (Chicago) last weekend I saw a LOT, and I mean a LOT of TDI's there now. I think it has something to do with Diesel being cheaper than gas in the 'burbs though! (And only $0.10/gal more than here in Iowa). Gasoline is over $4/gal there in most cases. Diesel was $3.79 at the same stations...

Of course on that same trip I stopped in Oregon, WI on the way in to have my timing belt done by JasonTDI. I saw as many in his driveway awaiting injectors (and for other reasons) than I did in Ill.. ;)

Big country

TDI
2003 MK IV Jetta GLS TDI
I was on the southern edge of St. Louis 2 weeks ago visiting my great grandfather who drives an old diesel merc that dumps enough smoke to blot out the sun. Mine is a lowered dark blue jetta that dumps smoke out the left side. No tdi club badges though

ILMTB

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Premium
I'm in Bloomington for a little while... Anyone close?
Im in Normal, new to the boards, and going to pick up my first VW and first TDI in WI tomorrow. 2013 Jetta TDI / 6s premium. Super stoked.
Neighbor also has a TDI Sportwagon

STLvwConvert

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (buyback 8/29/17)
New to the club, but have lurked for about a year since owning my 2012 Jetta TDI. Already have 30k on it in just over a year due to being a road warrior in the sales industry.

I'll be driving through IL a lot the next upcoming months as I have a trade show coming up in October and will be covering a lot of the counties across the mid and southern portion of IL.

Ordered my TDIclub sticker to put on the ride, hope I see some of you on the road!

ironmonkey

TDI
01 golf tdi 5spd
I would like to meet up with anyone who is interested. Talk cars and stuff I don't know. Well if anyone is interested pm me

Joe_Diesel

TDI
2010 VW Jetta DSG
I'm also in Bloomington - [I have the license plate holder] - let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up. Would like to see a MK5 with a tune sometime... been thinking about contacting Rocketchip...

justintime_3

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 tdi Jetta, 2006 tdi jetta PKG 2
I am also in Bloomington and would love to see a tuned tdi. Also need to do a comparison to see if my mkv is slow. It sure seems slow, def slower than my mkiv with 455000 miles.

D_Squared

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf 2D 6M
Originally from Mchenry, I am living in Muskego, WI now. I did see an IL plated Jetta with the TDIclub plate holder and the tag "NO NOX" driving through SE WI. Is that anyone following on here?

ironmonkey

TDI
01 golf tdi 5spd
Ok so who want to meet some where in Bloomington??? I am down so let's do it when and where?? I'm go with where ever since I'm kinda in the middle of Bloomington