TDI's in Bethlehem, PA

mrw

TDI
1999 Jetta a3
Re: TDI\'s in Bethlehem, PA

I'm from Philly but ski Blue Mountain at least 1 night a week.I'm new to TDI's and would like to attend a GTG.My TDI is a 99 a3. I just purchased it and am having the timing belt done this week. I would really like to do the intake cleaning at a GTG along with reprogramming the egr. Mark

macaroon

sorry I've been a slacker about posting about this again -- the truckstop at exit 7 in bloomsbury does *not* have biodiesel. we're still relegated to a diet of not-even-premium dinofuel in the valley.

we can always hope for the future, right? with oil prices what they are and diesel prices consequently simply skyrocketing (especially locally -- I recently have been paying only $1.43 in northern virginia -- how is this fair??), bio is not as pricey an alternative as it once was. the b20 prices I'm hearing are close to dino prices in the valley.

okay, now that that's out of the way -- it's getting warmer. when and where's the lehigh valley get together? please be sure to keep me in the loop.

m

will360655

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Passat

If you see this rear end

It me but it's not usualy that dirty.
I just spent 3 hours hand waxing it so it is really shinny.
I don't drive with my rear fog lights on. Just for the picture.

jjvincent

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Green

Yours looks clean even when it's dirty, compared to mine. Actually my A6 is to the point that the color could be called flat grey as opposed to green.

MORE_MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Grey

- What a couple of days
! Almost 70°F!!!, and there is still snow in my driveway, from a drift!
- Yep, time to find a place and do this!
- I think that I will impose on everyone and try to get an email list of locals going. I am going to make the assumption that if you have posted here you won't mind getting an email (TDI related of course) occasionally. I regularly check on my email, but have only gotten to the point to occasionally (couple of times a day) read some of the active topics. So, I have missed a lot on this thread.
- There are plenty of places with parking lot space to spare. If someone doesn't really have a garage to work in, I don’t, others don’t, maybe a public place, maybe a park where we could make food would be a good place to get this started. There are a few nice places around, I like the park south of Tilghman and west of Cedar Crest, but I don't think that they allow food, nice place to walk though.
- How does 4/5 or 4/6, or 4/12 or 4/13 sound?
- Also, for those that haven't noticed or used the "favorites" option and the "My Home". I have found this to be very helpful! Try it with this thread.
- Hope to see you soon!

mrfixit

TDI
2000 jetta maroon

Hey everyone, just moved back to Bangor from Va in Sept, I'd love to hit a get together once work slows down some (in the Navy) anybody who drives 611 I'm a maroon 2000 jetta with Penn State paws in the left passenger window. Honk if you see me, I usually wave to TDIs (and pass everything else)

MORE_MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Grey

I have gotten a couple of replies to my mass email to as many on this thread as I could get their addresses (4/5 is out). I am concentrating on 4/12/2003. If we are only doing a get to know each other kind of GTG to start with then I think that a few hours in the afternoon should be OK. We'll start out small and build up to timing belts and the like.
Please continue to reply here or to my email message about scheduling.
Also, I have not nailed down a location. I am expecting though that we all like to drive our cars and we are all within about an hour of eachother, so any location within 15 minutes of Allentown will be acceptable. Still open for more thoughts on that.

Spaz

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Canyon Red

Count me in. It'd be great to have a bunch of us together. The weather is starting to get nice, which makes it all the more attractive.

-Darryl
2000 Jetta GLS TDI, in Wilson/easton

MORE_MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Grey

Hello,
I have gotten a thumbs down on Saturday from a new TDI owner in the area. Can everone that said they were planning to attend (or 90%) come if it is on Sunday afternoon 4/13?
Just to have a time to to kick around, how would 1pm until 5pm suite? Just a place to start from, we can modify as needed.

Spaz

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Canyon Red

13th Should be good. (hopefully I'll have the timing belt already done, and a clutch). Is the place nailed down yet?

macaroon

I won't know until later this week if I'm in for this weekend or not. I'm in virginia a lot of weekends, and don't know if this weekend find me north or south of the mason-dixon line. what I can say, though, is that later is better for me -- if I'm coming back into town on sunday, I can likely stop in on my way home. even if y'all do 1-5ish, I can try to make it for the latter part of the festivities. will you be keeping us posted here, or would like email addresses? whichever; I can be found at whatmary@yahoo.com.

thanks for organizing this. I anticipate my travels slowing considerably in the near future, so should be able to attend future events with more ease.

themightyquinn

TDI
1999 New Beetle Black
Hey everyone!

I'm headed up to Bethlehem for the next few years (St. Luke's) so hopefully will see some of you around. Silver 2005 Passat TDI wagon currently have it under the knife to get a 5-speed. Give me a wave if you see me around