TDIFest Suggestions/Ideas/Brainstorms

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Everyone has an idea of what they want, want to see, what should be, where it should be, how it should be and so on for TDIFest. After doing some searching (and maybe I missed it :confused:) I haven't seen a TDIFest suggestions thread that allows an outlet for people's creative thoughts about what should be at TDIFest.

In previous years, people have expressed their oppinions in the various TDIFest announcment thread. That thread is usually intended for the announcement and to get people pumped about it, but it has historically lead to debates over what should be happening at Fest that year, when the reality is that the organizers already have a pretty solid idea of what's going to happen at TDIFest that year, with very little wiggle room. So....I'm starting this thread to provide you all an outlet to express your idea's, year round and let the debates roll. That makes it... officially on topic! :D

FYI: TDIFest has been held in these locations:
Portland, Oregon (TDIFest 2010)
Washington, DC (TDIFest 2009)
Cincinnati, OH (TDIFest 2008)
Montréal, Quebec, Canada (TDIFest 2007)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (TDIFest 2006)
Lake Mills, Wisconsin (TDIFest 2005)
New England (TDIFest 2004)
Toronto, Canada (TDIFest 2003)
Grand Rapids, Michigan (TDIFest 2002)
Park City, Utah (TDIFest 2001)
and the first one was in Wilmington, NC (TDIFest 2000).

Feel free to discuss locations, ideas, possibilities, etc. just keep it clean, no fighting. :p The links bring you to the TDIFest info sections for those years so you can explore what's already been done. You never know, if you ask... it could happen! :D

And if you have questions about what exactly is TDIFest... check the TDIFest FAQ! :)
Enjoy!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I have a very simple (and easy to implement) suggestion. On the name tags we all get, could you put our screen names (handles) in a larger font? The Portland TDIFest was my first and our real names were in big letters and our screen names were in a tiny font. Since we all know each other primarily by our screen names, it would be much easier to know who we are talking to if we didn't need a magnifying glass to read the screen names (I know, I'm getting old:rolleyes:). Just a thought.

Have Fun! (Hope to see you there)

Don

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
It would be an interesting addition to seek out a hosting hotel that has a price included continental breakfast. This would help immensely for kids and an otherwise disinterested spouse. While that understandably impacts the financial bottom line, it removes the having to leave and being refrained from returning in the morning to feed the Posse. Just a thought .......

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I'm currently not planning to attend but would consider attending if there were a dyno shootout, maybe a drag strip or autoX that people to could do.