I believe this is the list of caravaners so far:

cevans
Zippy_car
SSTDI
Robdesigns & BeetleGo
SnowCub? (you can do it!)
blue_jetta - maybe in NJ if the timing is right

Anyone else?
Sure, count me in! I'll meet up with Cevans, Robdesigns, BeetleGo, & Snowcub at the Cracker-Barrel at around 8:00sh. And yes, I have ez-pass.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
THE LIST:

cevans
Zippy_car
SSTDI
Robdesigns & BeetleGo
SnowCub? (trying to weasel out)
blue_jetta - maybe in NJ if the timing is right
bigbtdi45

Ans, right now, the plan, once more!

I will arrive at the Cracker Barrel around 8:15 in the morning. Meeting there will be bigbtdi45, Robdesigns & BeetleGo. We aim to be on the road around 9:30. When we leave, I will call Zippy. SSTDI and Zippy will meet us at the I-95Southbound rest stop in Milford. We will plan to leave there by noon (12pm).

cevans

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I will arrive at the Cracker Barrel around 8:15 in the morning. Meeting there will be bigbtdi45, Robdesigns & BeetleGo. We aim to be on the road around 9:30. When we leave, I will call Zippy. SSTDI and Zippy will meet us at the 195Southbound rest stop in Milford. We will plan to leave there by noon (12pm).

cevans[/quote]
I like it! I like it!

I don't have an ez-pass tho :( sorry guys.

cevans

TDI
Zippy_car said:
I like it! I like it!

I don't have an ez-pass tho :( sorry guys.
If anyone has Motorola Talk-abouts, bring them, I'll have mine with me and it will be good to have an easy way to talk (or heckle) between vehicles.

Oh, I know you like it...

Why don't you have ezpass?

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Hmm, I may be able to procure an EZ Pass for Zippy out of my Passat. But then there's that whole *ss crack of dawn thing. And yes that is *ss crack of dawn when you're pale and suck blood for a living :D No wait, I'm not a lawyer! :p

OK, now where the heck is I-195 South in Milford? Is that New Jersey or CT? Mapquest doesn't show a I-195 in Milford, CT. Do you guys mean I-95 South?

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
yes it is I-95 south in Milford,CT. Hey I will have a nurse in my car who will have just gotten off the night shift 7pm to 7:30am... and zippy needs your e-zpass you gotta come!

cevans

TDI
SnowCub said:
Hmm, I may be able to procure an EZ Pass for Zippy out of my Passat. But then there's that whole *ss crack of dawn thing. And yes that is *ss crack of dawn when you're pale and suck blood for a living :D No wait, I'm not a lawyer! :p

OK, now where the heck is I-195 South in Milford? Is that New Jersey or CT? Mapquest doesn't show a I-195 in Milford, CT. Do you guys mean I-95 South?
Sorry, yes, typo, its 95S in CT!

No way you could get your lazy butt out of bed to meet in Sturbridge? Its only an hour from you. You would have to leave your house at 8, thats not early!

cevans

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
cevans said:
No way you could get your lazy butt out of bed to meet in Sturbridge? Its only an hour from you. You would have to leave your house at 8, thats not early!
cevans
8am might be early if I decide to drive down to Chill's tonight and pick up my blue wagon, seems she's ready for the light of day.

I'll ask my girlfriend about the *ss crack start time. I was supposed to go in to get my meat weighed :eek: :eek: but I guess I could skip it.

BTW, Mr. Chill doesn't have an EZ Pass either. So I guess Zippy is still cool :D

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Yeah, but Chill's going to be a lot faster than, at least my car - 75mph.

BeetleGo

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Enjoy folks. It would be great to join you but the girls have school and we can't take them out until 1P or they miss a day. We'll be taking off then - see you there.

MCA

cevans

TDI
The way back

robdesigns said:
Well, a smaller caravan headed back 6am Monday morning. Myself, Zip and Peter. We stopped three times and chatted for a while, but still made it to Worcester and Providence at 11. The trip was 85+, although we also passed dozens of speed traps!

robdesigns

Veteran Member
TDI
None
cevans said:
Well, a smaller caravan headed back 6am Monday morning. Myself, Zip and Peter. We stopped three times and chatted for a while, but still made it to Worcester and Providence at 11. The trip was 85+, although we also passed dozens of speed traps!
I had a great time with you all, and will try not to be such a stranger.

Thanks.

Rob

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Rob,

Glad you could join us. Thanks for driving me in my car.

~BeetleGo