TDIFest Media/Press?

EmeraldTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
previous: 1997 Jetta (green); 2000 Golf TDI (Silver)
Hey gang,

Did any newspapers get a call to check out TDIFest?

If not, do try to include it in the plans for TDIFest 2004, whereever it may be!

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
The problem we encountered this year was that the press said they would try to make it out but no one would commit to be there for sure. If anyone has experience with PR stuff they should offer help to the next Fest committee since it's been 2 years in a row without too much press coverage. (Last year got some with the biodiesel)

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
press is tough - esp for first time organizers... I worked hard getting press but since i lived in a different town than the event the local media didn't want to do much for me, but there were other articles that came out of it (Mostly Biod)

Getting events confirmed early is the way to do it, and have big high profile venues, with high profile buisnesses involved (big dealerships will do that for you, esp dealerships that advertize heavily).

Comes down to the fact that media is the lapdog of big buisness (yeah even in canada) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now if that sentence above isn't politically charged VikF's got the slowest car in N.A.

EmeraldTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
previous: 1997 Jetta (green); 2000 Golf TDI (Silver)
[ QUOTE ]
suds said:
If anyone has experience with PR stuff they should offer help to the next Fest committee since it's been 2 years in a row without too much press coverage. (Last year got some with the biodiesel)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have first-hand experience, but I know people who do, so I'll pitch in where I can.