TDIFest 2016 location discussion

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Wouldn't that be "grammah", Peter?
It would, but the "h" is silent, just like the silent "t" in "dog".

Silent "t" in dog you say, where would it go?

Anywhere you want, it's silent.

tomo366 said:
Haven't seen anyone from Mexico attend a Fest yet....
I just came back from Mexico and saw one (that would be "1") TDI, and I looked everywhere. I really thought I'd see more.

They did have some cool vehicles there though. I spoke with a guy who owned a '12 Ford Powerchoke and he said he's had all sorts of problems because the fuel there may or may not be ULSD and it's not labeled. He got a tank of the regular diesel and the truck has problems, the only way he can clean it out is to tow the camper up a large hill to get it hot enough to clean out.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
They did have some cool vehicles there though. I spoke with a guy who owned a '12 Ford Powerchoke and he said he's had all sorts of problems because the fuel there may or may not be ULSD and it's not labeled. He got a tank of the regular diesel and the truck has problems, the only way he can clean it out is to tow the camper up a large hill to get it hot enough to clean out.
I am currently in Mexico and can say that the only ultra low sulfur diesel in Mexico are the Pemexes that have an UBA (ultra bajo asufre) notice on their signs. They also say Pemex Premium Diesel with the UBA underneath. There are none on their highway 15 from Nogales to Hermosillo. Any diesel from a Pemex that doesn't have that notice is regular high sulfur diesel. I tried to post a pic but everyone in Kino Bay is online right now and the internet here comes in on a single phone line...Mark

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We are working with Eric on his Wisconsin proposal. Fred and I have a phone call with the hotel owner on Thursday evening to discuss the event in more detail.

You should all see a survey in your e-mail inboxes this week polling your opinion on several subjects related to TDIClub, TDIFest, Volkswagen, and Dieselgate. Fred wants to get some feedback from members and TDIFest attendees to determine how Dieselgate has affected the community and member participation, if at all.

If things go well with the hotel and the survey results are satisfactory, I think we will be proceeding. Please take a moment to fill out the survey when you receive it.

-Lawson

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
We are working with Eric on his Wisconsin proposal. Fred and I have a phone call with the hotel owner on Thursday evening to discuss the event in more detail.

You should all see a survey in your e-mail inboxes this week polling your opinion on several subjects related to TDIClub, TDIFest, Volkswagen, and Dieselgate. Fred wants to get some feedback from members and TDIFest attendees to determine how Dieselgate has affected the community and member participation, if at all.

If things go well with the hotel and the survey results are satisfactory, I think we will be proceeding. Please take a moment to fill out the survey when you receive it.

-Lawson
Thanks, I will certainly fill out the survey.

Tony

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Lisa and I will not be attending TDIfest2016.

We are officially booked for the Grand Prix of Boston event on Labor Day weekend. :cool:

www.IndyCarBoston.com

:cool:

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Lisa and I will not be attending TDIfest2016.

We are officially booked for the Grand Prix of Boston event on Labor Day weekend. :cool:

www.IndyCarBoston.com

:cool:
Smart move on the organizers' part to put it out of the way over in Southie at the Mass port facility. They tried it here in Baltimore a few years back, but the course went through the downtown/Inner Harbor area. It was a MAJOR cluster f***.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I'm in for Green Bay area that would be a fun trip+ I might take enough time off for the Oshkosh air show.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
I'll be driving back home (Muskego) in August with the fan from Baltimore. So I won't be able doing that drive again. Have fun guys in the best state in the union.