TDIFest 2013 coming to Sunday River Ski Resort (Newry, Maine)

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
I'll be there with my swapped MK2. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or cash to get my big Cummjbs 4BT turbo on by then, but at least its a TDI swapped car ;)

Sent from my Bosch Motronic ECM via VCDS Version 1.9LVE

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I will be there with my 2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium! and I know it is not a TDI!!
It is however a very interesting car! so I will be around to show it off if anyone is interested in Checking it out and seeing VW's 2nd entry in the Hybrid Field!!

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
Im so on the fence about going by myself... i personally can go, just the families passports have not come in yet... would little wade be the youngest attending, at 3 months old? lol

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I'll be interested to hear what you get for FE on the trip up, tomo.
This Hybrid is not like most......It gets better mileage on the Highway than in town......I just took a road trip today to pick up my new Hand Gun 120 miles round trip and got 51 MPG nice day No A/C and windows open!!

This will be my 1st real trip should be good!

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
You have a good time Tomo and send me some pictures of the event, would love to be there, but could not pull it all together this year, for sure next year, and I have to make a trip up that way once I have 100,000 on the car, at 80,000 so not too long now.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
This Hybrid is not like most......It gets better mileage on the Highway than in town......I just took a road trip today to pick up my new Hand Gun 120 miles round trip and got 51 MPG nice day No A/C and windows open!!

This will be my 1st real trip should be good!
That just makes me even more mad we don't have the hybrid diesel over here. If your getting 51 with a gasser hybrid imagine what a little 3 cyl TDI could do...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yeah that is quite impressive. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you get on the way up to Fest.

Jason and I went to a Benz GTG near Philly yesterday and got 53.0 indicated round trip. :eek:

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Although not a TDI, but it is a DIESEL vehicle, I will have my 2014 BMW 535xd at the fest and plan to drive it up Mt.Washington. The Mt.Washington drive should be interesting after sunset with the FLIR night vision system.

I took delivery on the 535xd on Weds 8/14/13. It arrived a little sooner than expected. I've got a little over 2k miles on it already and it is a hoot to drive. I will be around to show it off if anyone is interested in checking it out.

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
I will be driving the blue ridge park way on the way up there. I also plan on driving up to the Bay of Fundy to see the biggest tidal change in the world. 53 feet!!! Anybody else interested to join? It is about 5 hours or so away. Of course I will be doing the Mt. Washington run with everyone else. The last time I went there, only half the mountain road was open because of clouds so pray for good clear weather.
Great additional trips! I live not-so-far from the Blue Ridge Parkway-it's a nice drive. And the Bay of Fundy is kinda mind-blowing. I visited it over 20 years ago (!!:eek: how did that much time pass??) and I still have vivid pictures of it in my mind.

As for Mt. Washington, I'm not even letting the thought of bad weather that night enter my mind. :D I saw it Memorial Day weekend and it was amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing it at sunset.

I wish I had time to do some extra sightseeing on this trip. You'll have to enjoy it for the rest of us.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
Although not a TDI, but it is a DIESEL vehicle, I will have my 2014 BMW 535xd at the fest and plan to drive it up Mt.Washington. The Mt.Washington drive should be interesting after sunset with the FLIR night vision system.

I took delivery on the 535xd on Weds 8/14/13. It arrived a little sooner than expected. I've got a little over 2k miles on it already and it is a hoot to drive. I will be around to show it off if anyone is interested in checking it out.
I guess it did arrive on time after all. I can't wait to see that beast of a BMW at the top of the mountain. :beer:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Heading home from work, gonna pack some clothes, then hit the road!! See you all soon! :cool:

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I guess it did arrive on time after all. I can't wait to see that beast of a BMW at the top of the mountain. :beer:
If it's dark enough out by the time we get to the top or afterward, be sure to check out the FLIR night vision capability.

I'm planning to arrive early enough on Friday to do the Snowflake Factory tour in the afternoon.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
If it's dark enough out by the time we get to the top or afterward, be sure to check out the FLIR night vision capability.

I'm planning to arrive early enough on Friday to do the Snowflake Factory tour in the afternoon.
Your car has night vision??? :eek:

I wish I could make it for the snowflake factory tour, but that would require me to leave at 6AM tomorrow, which is definitely not happening. I'll probably be getting up to NH by 6-8ish. I'd like to arrive before it gets dark, the roads arent too well lit in the middle of nowhere up there.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
The weather is a bit overcast but supposedly will be getting better over the weekend. Small crowd here at the Grand Summit Hotel. Looking forward to seeing everyone

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Been holed up working on my presentation. :) It's done.

Packing and Zzzzzz. ETA tomorrow after lunch.

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
I know you all are going to have a great time. Unfortunately I am working Friday and Sunday so I'm not going to make maybe next year. I guess I have to start planning now for next year.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank you guys for a great weekend. Hope to get to the fest next year.

silverRich

TDI
03Jetta wagon gls, 05.5 Jetta Sedan pk 1, 13 passat sel dsg
Thanks to all the great people involved in organizing the 2013 TDI Fest. We had a great time!!!
Kindly, Rich&Mirella

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
How many years have you been saying this? ;)
been to 12 out of the 14 Fests......with the Exception of PeterV, Jon Bartlett, and Fred who have been to all of them nobody is close......Tired right now!!
It was 13 hours back home although the traffic wasn't that bad but in and out of driving rain most of the way and went around NY City which added 35 miles!Also just before I entered MD after going through the toll at the Delaware line 2-3 accident in a 3 mile drive 1st one involved at least 10 cars!! had Just stormed and cars were accelerating from the toll booth....:(

Not as stressful as the trip up was!!
Great Job Folks!! nice seeing everyone even if I wasn't driving a TDI

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
You're already home, tomo?! We still have 8 hours to go and left 9:30 last night (right after the auction ended).

This Fest was a fun one and my wife agreed. Definitely worth coming though maybe not driving straight through 1680 miles. Need to fly or break up the driving over several days.

Or have the fests further south. Any scuttle butt about ideas for next year, yet?

Jason

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Huge thanks to Sootman and all the hard working Fest planners!

Great Fest. Great location. And as always great people.

Thanks again.

Brian

smorneault

TDI
Passat TDI 2013
Thanks everyone that was involved into organizing the Fest. This was my first one, and probably not my last one. We really enjoyed it.