TDIFest 2013 coming to Sunday River Ski Resort (Newry, Maine)

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Even though I have been up it many times, I'm in for a club ride up the mountain. Is there a max capacity? I find it hard to believe there would only be a max of 40 spots available as listed above.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Most the folks here are already not happy with the costs.......This is not going to happen.....just my .02
That's news. :confused:
If I had .02 for each gripe.... my cost would be covered!:D

I got around, FINALLY, to registering for the fest. Looking at the photos from the past fests was a treat. It was like I had been there in person.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Most the folks here are already not happy with the costs.......This is not going to happen.....just my .02
And I certainly wouldn't want to be a member of a club that let ME join. Come on Tomo a little fresh air might help

(mophead)

TDI
03mk4 golf/81caddy
The past several years have seen attendance numbers between 225 and 260 people with nearly 200 vehicles.

If you're in the NOVA area, perhaps I've seen you around! :cool:
It's a 03 silver golf tag hybd lol it's got euro bumpers and roof racks I work at manassass Honda

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Its a 1243 mile trip 1 way for me im not sure if I can get the time off im gonna look into it

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Ahh Lug you were there even I can remember that.

Will this fest be a new carf record? The same car 3 years in a row?

P

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI

Will this fest be a new carf record? The same car 3 years in a row?

P
Peter, Pull the TDI to the top of Mt. Washington with the truck and then glide to the Fest in neutral. That'll give Jon a run for his $$

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I can do that!! Perhaps some Fishy leaning tower of power can help!.....

skoullias

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously: 03 2dr 5sp 357,xxx; Current: B5.5V 116,xxx
Just registered! Bought my first TDI ever back in April, and this will be my first TDIfest. Looking forward to fall in Maine with a bunch of diesel geeks. Booked lodgings at a campsite not far from the hotel (I don't make much working on a farm and am headed to grad school in the fall).

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Just registered! Bought my first TDI ever back in April, and this will be my first TDIfest. Looking forward to fall in Maine with a bunch of diesel geeks. Booked lodgings at a campsite not far from the hotel (I don't make much working on a farm and am headed to grad school in the fall).
Welcome. Great to have you join us. I should a wonderful event.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
I'm willing to bet Matt would be down for a drive up the mountain. We'd both be in the car, as I believe the count for that event is by vehicle not person.

Either way, we're in.

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
I need to bail from this trip do you some extra stuff that managed to get into the way. If someone is interested in taking my room I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Just registered.

Trying wrangle a condo on the cheap for the weekend. If not ill simply stay at the Lodge with everyone else.

Lug_Nut

TDI

Will this fest be a new car record? The same car 3 years in a row?

P
It'll tie with the black B4 and the red B4 wagon

2000: pearl red B4
2001~03: black B4
2004~06: red B4V
2007: white B4V glx
2008: beige B5.5V
2009, 10: green A3 Cabrio
2011~13: blue A4 Jetta

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I could have sworn you had the A3 Cabrio at the DC Fest, as well. :eek:

Lug_Nut

TDI
I could have sworn you had the A3 Cabrio at the DC Fest, as well. :eek:
You're right!
Maybe PeterV has it figured out: One car, easy to remember!

I'll also have to look through last year's images to see what tie I wore, and to wear the other one this year!

Ummm...help me out, What year was the D.C. fest?

Last edited:

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
First post, new member, just booked the hotel.

Wife and I will making the 900km trip from Toronto

Looking forward to it!
Great! You're not the only first-timer coming out; I've seen at least one other person mention this will be their first TDI club event. Welcome, one and all!

I know it can be intimidating to come into a large event where you think everyone already knows each other, but don't worry; this is a friendly crowd. By the end of the weekend you'll know most everyone, too. I speak from experience, as last year was my first fest (and I was brand-new to the site here, too).

If there are any other newbies out there who are worried about being the new kid...stop that right now! Or, if you're thinking that fest is only for the "super-serious" TDI enthusiasts or you're afraid everyone is going to know more than you...you're wrong. Again, I speak from experience: I am not especially mechanically inclined; pretty much all I know about cars is that I like to drive them faster than I probably should. :cool: BUT, I've had a great time at TDI club events, especially fest.

This year is an especially good year for us less-mechanical types to come out. The venue is amazing. The mountains are gorgeous, and there are a lot of other things to do besides talking about car stuff. Believe me, there are plenty of non-car-related conversations going on at any moment. Of course, if you are trying to learn more about your car, fest is a great place to do so. Between the tech sessions and just being surrounded by so many knowledgeable people, there is no way you can leave without having learned something.:)

So, no excuses! Bring your family, bring your friends-they'll all have a good time. See you there!

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDI
I must be using imperial "pages". I'm post 267, but only page 7 for me.

volkswheels

Vendor
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI DSG, 2012 GolfHighline TDI DSG
Great! You're not the only first-timer coming out; I've seen at least one other person mention this will be their first TDI club event. Welcome, one and all!

I know it can be intimidating to come into a large event where you think everyone already knows each other, but don't worry; this is a friendly crowd. By the end of the weekend you'll know most everyone, too. I speak from experience, as last year was my first fest (and I was brand-new to the site here, too).

If there are any other newbies out there who are worried about being the new kid...stop that right now! Or, if you're thinking that fest is only for the "super-serious" TDI enthusiasts or you're afraid everyone is going to know more than you...you're wrong. Again, I speak from experience: I am not especially mechanically inclined; pretty much all I know about cars is that I like to drive them faster than I probably should. :cool: BUT, I've had a great time at TDI club events, especially fest.

This year is an especially good year for us less-mechanical types to come out. The venue is amazing. The mountains are gorgeous, and there are a lot of other things to do besides talking about car stuff. Believe me, there are plenty of non-car-related conversations going on at any moment. Of course, if you are trying to learn more about your car, fest is a great place to do so. Between the tech sessions and just being surrounded by so many knowledgeable people, there is no way you can leave without having learned something.:)

So, no excuses! Bring your family, bring your friends-they'll all have a good time. See you there!

Our first Fest too, can't wait !! 18 more sleeps :)

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
OK, I'm in. I expect to see more swapped cars this year than every other year put together! I think there has been only 4 in the last 2 years.

I will be driving the blue ridge park way on the way up there. I also plan on driving up to the Bay of Fundy to see the biggest tidal change in the world. 53 feet!!! Anybody else interested to join? It is about 5 hours or so away. Of course I will be doing the Mt. Washington run with everyone else. The last time I went there, only half the mountain road was open because of clouds so pray for good clear weather.