TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
The location of TDIFest 2012 finally has been selected. Yes, it is a the selection is a little later than normal, but it is now official that TDIFest 2012 will be coming toYpsilanti (Ypsi), Michigan on the Labour Day weekend (August 31st to September 2nd, 2012).

Congratulations to the great proposal submitted by Lawson (VeeDubTDI) with the support of this year’s crew:

Chad (Airwolf)
Jason (Sprocket)
Alicia (Sprockette)
Mike (manual_tranny)
Joel (MrVermin)
Bruce (paramedick)
Andrew (GeekDrew)

The selected hotel is the Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest (https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwys-ann-arbor-marriott-ypsilanti-at-eagle-crest/) and hotel reservation details will be coming soon, probably in the new year. TDIFest registration will be opening up in the spring.

Once again, congratulations to this year's organizing committee and hope to see you in Michigan.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Isn't Ann Arbor the home of one of the automotive magazines?
Why yes it is...Car & Driver! I also know the brother & father of the Editor-In-Chief, Eddie Alterman.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Good to see another Mi area Fest. Lots to do there also.

xtu1963

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Wow, you really picked a "garden" spot for 2012! Also, why are you having it in Kentucky two years in a row? I can make fun of Ypsi since I attended Fletcher Elementary school for two years.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
OK, I'll start making my travel arrangements. I only wish I didn't have to cross Nevada again - that is a long boring trip whether by I80 or US50.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's not in Kentucky two years in a row. 2010 was in Portland, Oregon; 2011 was in Lexington, Kentucky; 2012 is going to be in Ypsilanti, Michigan. :confused:

But yeah... the location is sweet and the hotel looks great. We're going to do a little hotel preview at the 5th annual Auto Show GTG (weekend of Jan 14th). See the thread in the Mid-West forum for info.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
It's not in Kentucky two years in a row. 2010 was in Portland, Oregon; 2011 was in Lexington, Kentucky; 2012 is going to be in Ypsilanti, Michigan. :confused:
I guess there's some back story here... A nickname for that area of MI is Ypsitucky, during WWII a lot of people moved from Kentucky to that area to work in the factories.

-J

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Lots of logistics to figure out. What we had in mind may be more trouble than it's worth.

mwalters

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 2013 Tornado Red
Cool - will be my second fest I'm actually able to attend!!

ps. I may be able to give a hand, since I am fairly local...just let me know what needs to be done.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
But.... but.....
Is registration open yet?

Had to be first to ask...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Why yes! yes it is... I just can't remember what the link is ;)

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Congratulation for selecting a site for 2012 get together. This will give enough time for oldpipoo, oilhammer, wingnut, etc. to participate.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
10 hours isn't too bad. Dodoma, hope you plan on making it, too! :cool:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Congratulations :) to VeeDubTDI and the crew.

I will be there, I had great time last year it's only 8hrs 590 miles.

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Why yes it is...Car & Driver! I also know the brother & father of the Editor-In-Chief, Eddie Alterman.
Last I looked, Automobile Magazine was in Ann Arbor as well. And Ypsi has the nation's last Hudson dealership, Miller Motors, which is now a museum dedicated to cars built out at the old Willow Run bomber plant. It also has a Deja Vu for you love shack geeks and a coffee house-motorcycle repair shop called Cafe Racer. Washtenaw County even has SEVEN breweries, one of which is right there in Ypsitucky.:eek:
JohnD