TDIFest 2011, Where will it be?

Super T

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I am VERY determined to go to the next TDI fest. At this point I don't really care where it is. I'm kinda aiming for furthest distance traveled to attend. :D If its on the east coast the drive is going to be murder but I will do it! Just need plenty of notice to book time off. For a distance referance I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. :)

Now to wait and see where September 2011 is going to send me.

XaqNautilus

TDI
None, '98 Acura 1.6 EL
I am VERY determined to go to the next TDI fest. At this point I don't really care where it is. I'm kinda aiming for furthest distance traveled to attend. :D If its on the east coast the drive is going to be murder but I will do it! Just need plenty of notice to book time off. For a distance referance I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. :)

Now to wait and see where September 2011 is going to send me.
Hey can I hitch a ride?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I just want to say that it's great to see how many new people are interested and posting. This club is truly amazing, and while I haven't been able to attend that last two, which by all accounts were amazing ones, I will be going to the next one.

WHERE EVER IT IS~! They're too much fun, and you get to put faces on members you've been in contact with online.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We aren't quite ready to submit a proposal at this time... would like a little more time.

Is anyone else working on anything?

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
IF you guys are working on Chicago contact me.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Don't know if anyone has said it already but it would be awesome to have the GtG in Atlanta or near. I believe there is a biodiesel place in Athens that might be willing to host. Hell there is a new VW dealership I'm sure would be willing to host too. lol

Hoping to make 2k11, but I've got a lot on the plate already. Trying to make the Roswell, New Mexico Get together work, but not sure. so I can really only afford one LONG travel trip next year. Here's hoping! :D

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Hell there is a new VW dealership I'm sure would be willing to host too. lol
Good luck with that! It took almost a year of pestering and to get any response to us whatsoever. Then we got only a small small amount of support.

Bottom line is that most local dealers see their market as being local, MAYBE regional at most. Our event draws only a small amout of people locally. They just dont get too excited about sponsoring an event where 90% of the people would never come to their dealership.
-J

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It's hard enough to get VW dealerships to participate in Fest by bringing vehicles and knowledgeable people, let alone host a GTG or even a TDIFest.

This is a good thing to mention though, for anyone thinking of planning a Fest in the future... start talking to your local dealerships early in the year. If you wait too long, they've usually run out of time/resources/money to participate or contribute.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Sorry guys, but you'll need to wait a couple weeks more for the final outcome as there are still some items to be worked out.

Hold tight. :)

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
After my Cinci and DC show and shine "suggestions", I put money on Portland for being the 2010 location.

Joel, when I see you next week at the swap, we'll discuss 2011:) Hopefully you can unclench by then. Otherwise don't come near me!

Pete

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
After my Cinci and DC show and shine "suggestions", I put money on Portland for being the 2010 location.

Pete
I hope you're talking about Portland, Maine...

numl0ck

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
(a little late but...) +1 for Chicago. Used to live there, and it's a great town!

Can't wait for the results! :D

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Looking forward to the results myself since the location will determine the feasibility of driving vs. flying- I flew to Portland this year because I would have had to drive three days each way.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Looking forward to the results myself since the location will determine the feasibility of driving vs. flying- I flew to Portland this year because I would have had to drive three days each way.
Three days each way?! I made it from Mass to San Francisco in 4 days! 1,400 miles could be easily done in 2 days.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
You drove to Portland? as in Portland OREGON?!?!
For a weekend?
What are you, Nuts?

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
You drove to Portland? as in Portland OREGON?!?!
For a weekend?
What are you, Nuts?
Yeah....most of my friends didn't understand.

Wait a minute...who you calling nuts? There were some other people from New England there, too, as I recall. :)

I did stumble upon some B5 in in Davis, CA though.

Last edited:

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Sorry for the short notice on delaying the official announcement for the location of TDIFest 2011. There are a few details still to be sorted out before we can make the location official and I had hoped for those items to be in placed before today, but unfortunately there were some delays. I'm hoping to have those outstanding issues resolved inside the next week (November 22,2010) so we can make the location official.

Fred