TDIFest 2011 coming to Lexington, KY

bumblebeetdi

TDI
2006 Sunflower Yellow Beetle (Bumble Bee)
Just told my neighbor about this and told him he needs to come. He has a 2009 TDI Jetta and still has yet to join this site as many times as I have told him but he usually asks me about his Jetta, I come here, get the info and return to him with answers. (Thanks to everyone on here for that by the way) Hopefully I can get him to come down with me...seperate vehicles of course so he can get his ventectomy done soon. He wants to wait with all mods (even though it looks stock and no one will ever know) until he is out of warranty...have to say I don't blame him with the way VWoA is :rolleyes:.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
ULSD Compliance

You mean ULSD vs. non-ULSD. I think we've passed the deadline for switching over completely. More likely, the station has the wrong label on the pump, rather than the wrong fuel.
Effective June 1, 2006, 80 percent of the highway diesel fuel produced or imported is required to be ULSD fuel replacing most Low Sulfur Diesel (LSD) fuel, which contains a maximum of 500 ppm sulfur. Used in combination with cleaner-burning diesel engines and vehicles, ULSD fuel helps to improve air quality by significantly reducing emissions. By December 1, 2010, all highway diesel fuel offered for sale must be ULSD fuel.

http://www.clean-diesel.org/pump_survey.html

Hopefully all LSD tanks have been purged and completely converted to ULSD. Either way I'd rather not risk it and stay away from these pumps for some time to be sure.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Just told my neighbor about this and told him he needs to come. He has a 2009 TDI Jetta and still has yet to join this site as many times as I have told him but he usually asks me about his Jetta, I come here, get the info and return to him with answers. (Thanks to everyone on here for that by the way) Hopefully I can get him to come down with me...seperate vehicles of course so he can get his ventectomy done soon. He wants to wait with all mods (even though it looks stock and no one will ever know) until he is out of warranty...have to say I don't blame him with the way VWoA is :rolleyes:.
There is no way to do a ventectomy on an '09. There is a vent, but it's always open. The A5 platform uses different tank plumbing than the A4s.

What other mods is he planning?

nyrussell

TDI
2009 TDI Loyal; 3208 Cat Marine and 8KW Onan
On the 1200 mile round trip to the TDIFest, I do not plan on stopping at one truck stop unless absolutely necessary.:D

Cheers:)
Exactly!!! And that is where the problem comes in. I am not planning a ventectomy, I would like to be able to go to a truck stop and get fuel if necessary, BTW, up here in NNJ I do use a truck stop for fuel as it has good turn over which can make a difference in what comes out. Also, $.05 is not the marker, $.10-$15 if not more can be... Just go through a tunnel and I gaga. Ask our friends on LI NY what I mean.

As an FYI we just finished a road trip to Orlando and back... avg 44.66 mpg including 2 trips to/in ft lauderdale, stopping every 3 hours or so... Not bad, When on the actual road trip, we were at 49 mpg give or take with the stopping.

As for an additive, ran out of my AJX TSM and did not get any PS stuff as I have a quart of the TSM on the boat...

nighttrain2000

TDI
jetta
Awesome im in ky and i can go there and back on a halftank or a little more will be there for sure goin to be my first one hope i can get some good info... Rember if ur not from kentucky we can tell be cause u actuly use ur turn signals.

THChemE

TDI
none at this time
Awesome im in ky and i can go there and back on a halftank or a little more will be there for sure goin to be my first one hope i can get some good info... Rember if ur not from kentucky we can tell be cause u actuly use ur turn signals.
Ha ha ha. I moved to Richmond last summer and have to agree with you. It is frustrating, but yet I find myself conforming to the norm.:)

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
Come get educated....

Have a good one Joel,

I won't be going....... Lexington? 10+hrs away and where the main local attraction is the MALL across the street? no thanks.

DC was awesome! Lots to do around town, instead of hanging in a Hotel/parking lot all weekend.

I was hoping TDIfest 2011 would have been in Chicago. What a great city to spend the long weekend in!

later,
Pete
If you don't know anything about the area, why not come on down and get educated? Lexington is FAR more than "the MALL across the street!" There are LOTS of wineries, distilleries, horse farms, museums and other cultural attractions about which you have no idea.

As Momma used to say, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!":eek:

At any rate, I'll be there w/my wife. We're gonna pawn the kids off & come visit!

Last edited:

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
Hey you Lexington Dubheads -- I'll be in town Tuesday & Wednesday @ the Griffin Gate Marriott for the KPLA conference if anyone wants to GTG Tuesday evening. PM if interested!

fuzzybandito

TDI
2011 jsw 6mt
Finally had my jsw delivered. Looking forward to my first TDIFest!

Is the registration page up yet? IIRC, there were rumors of a march 1st live reg page. Almost may, and getting itchy =)

macintoshdaddy

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Starting college at WKU in august, I think I'll be making the trip to Lexington. It's one of my favorite places, there's some great sushi bars around town, and the whole city had just been "done up" for the World Equestrian Games this past summer.

Last edited:

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Starting college at WKU in august, I think I'll be making the trip to Lexington. It's one of my favorite places, there's some great sushi bars around town, and the whole city had just been "done up" for the World Equestrian Games this past summer.
I'm at WKU as well. Look me up when you get down here.

tschatzinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 4 door, cold weather package, manual :)
I've got one more year at WKU. My girlfriend goes there too, but her hometown is in Lexington. I'm still driving my 2008 Mazda 3, but I plan on selling it this summer for a new golf TDI

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Any others from WKU on here? Maybe we can drive up to the TDIFest together?

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
Watch out for the coal trucks!

I will be making this trip... looks like so good twisties not that far away... maybe get a group that likes to drive fast in the curvey roads, to go for a drive =)
I once drove KY 66 from Pine Mountain State Park in Pineville, KY to the Natural Bridge State Park in Slade. It was a beautiful drive on a VERY twisty road, and the coal trucks were a bit scary to be either in front of or behind. :eek:

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Heck, you all will be just down the road from me when I return to Cinti for my annual Labor Day visit. Feel free to cruise on up that Sunday night for the best fireworks show you'll ever see. Managed a confirmed 55.3 MPG@65 last year, anxious to see what she does this year after a year of breaking engine in.
For those heading through Indianapolis, slow down where limit is 55. Every year since I started driving back there are cops running laser radar.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Just saw this today, awesome news because I live in Lex and also 5 miles from the hotel haha.

Sounds like this could be a pretty cool/fun GTG .

For the people thinking about going, there is a lot to do if you are into alcohol,horses,country drives, and drinking/night life, climing, hiking and so on.
but it sounds like other posts everyone has found that out.

smltwnguy30

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI 2 dr 5 spd
Just wondering how many people are expected to participate this year? I want to make the trip, trying to work it in as we speak... And what exactly is appropriate attire for the awards ceremony / banquet? LOL I would hate to show up in my finest coveralls and be out of place!

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Will there be a events program? What other events do you have plan for the fest?

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Right up the road for me! Just registered! I almost let the early bird slip by! Was thinking that tomorrow is my Dad's 86th birthday which reminded me of the dead-line for the early bird registration!

See y'all!