TDIFest 2011 coming to Lexington, KY

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Trying to convince the wife to go. I think she will, however last time I attended TDIFest it was in Wilmington, NC (The first one!) and at 21 years old, I didn't even know my wife yet. I know she's not going to want to sit through some of the Saturday sessions, what's there to do for the wives?
For some reason I figured you were much older.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
At this point there will mbe only 3 souls and 1 TDI that have been to all Fests.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Tomo 100% as usual.

Hamsterdiesel says THANK you for the kind thoughts.

IF Velvet foot was still around he would be #4 but he is not.

I will admit this group has given back as so many of us have given to...

bumblebeetdi

TDI
2006 Sunflower Yellow Beetle (Bumble Bee)
I am SOOOO there. Only about 120 miles for me, straight shot down on I-64 From Ashland, KY. Can't wait to see everyone!!!:D

andrew1182

TDI
MB E300 , BMW X5 35d
Hi,

My name is Andrew Beaven and I'm the Volkswagen sales manager at Don Jacobs Volkswagen in Lexington, KY. We're located about half a mile down the road from the Lexington Green Hilton. I've been with the Jacobs organization for about 5 years now, but just took over the Volkswagen department as my full time gig in January. I've been trying to find a way to get involved with the Volkswagen online community and was pointed towards this forum. This event sounds awesome! How big of a turnout is it typically?

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Fest contact information sent by PM.

:)

Hi,

My name is Andrew Beaven and I'm the Volkswagen sales manager at Don Jacobs Volkswagen in Lexington, KY. We're located about half a mile down the road from the Lexington Green Hilton. I've been with the Jacobs organization for about 5 years now, but just took over the Volkswagen department as my full time gig in January. I've been trying to find a way to get involved with the Volkswagen online community and was pointed towards this forum. This event sounds awesome! How big of a turnout is it typically?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Thank you Brian, I wasn't sure how or who to respond to this request.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Hi,

Andrew, I was there last week trying to speak to someone. I'll be back as soon as I can. The boss' secretary has my contact information.

Bruce Bowling

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Andrew, I was there last week trying to speak to someone. I'll be back as soon as I can. The boss' secretary has my contact information.

Bruce Bowling
Wow, talk about falling down and landing into a pile of fifty dollar bills. Now if I were this dealership what would I do?

1. finding every tdi Golf out there and have it on site for sale;
2. cleaning out the back room of parts and having a bunch of vw accessories for sale (monster mats, nav & touchscreen upgrades for instance) at the fest;
3. be pushing extended warranties;
4. having my detail people there to direct customers to the dealerships for car cleanup;
5. Be pimping this stuff like now with contact info for the membership as to pre-enroll for this.

I think to accomplish this I would be faxing the vendor paperwork (like yesterday) to bkmetz ........

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
only 709 miles one way.... Any chance of a new fuel pipe being installed? the new ones are simply too small for the truck nozzles...
If the fuel station has truck nozzles, I don't buy diesel from them. Mainly because stations that have truck nozzles typically buy/sell low quality diesel fuel with a low cetane number.

Cheers:)

nyrussell

TDI
2009 TDI Loyal; 3208 Cat Marine and 8KW Onan
If the fuel station has truck nozzles, I don't buy diesel from them. Mainly because stations that have truck nozzles typically buy/sell low quality diesel fuel with a low cetane number.

Cheers:)
LOL, been on a few trips where all we found in the middle of the night on the highway was a truckstop. BTW, The big truck stops might or might not have the right nozzle...

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
LOL, been on a few trips where all we found in the middle of the night on the highway was a truckstop. BTW, The big truck stops might or might not have the right nozzle...
You mean ULSD vs. non-ULSD? I think we've passed the deadline for switching over completely. More likely, the station has the wrong label on the pump, rather than the wrong fuel.

Also, next time you find yourself at an all-night truck stop, try asking the attendant if there's a car size nozzle. There may be one pump with a car nozzle. I drove across the US and back last September and even at the biggest & busiest stations/truck stops there was at least one car nozzle.

Last edited: