Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That's right, Tom's POS AAZ got 2nd place... Scott got 1st! :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Also, we've already discussed the show & shine issue... this thread is about where TDIFest 2010 will be, not how the 2010 show and shine will be run.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Stealth TDI said:
???

The TD took 2nd. First place was a TDI. One problem was a lack of entries. There were only two of us even though there were several other A3s in attendance. :(

Later,

Scott

LOL.......I am not Mute and I don't appreciate the inference......and I know for a fact that Zippy is not mute either and in fact is very Vocal! ;)
I answered alot of questions........
I have Judged the last 2 years and enjoy it alot!!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
eyetdiman said:
When will we hear where the new location will be?
VW Derf said:
I need to apologize to everyone waiting for the decision to be made for November 16th, but due to a number of factors I wasn't able to give the applications a fair work through in one week. Therefore I've delayed the decision by another week. Rest assured it will be decided by November 23rd, 2009.
Very soon. :D

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
oilhammer said:
I'm not even sure what the "mute" comment is supposed to mean, anyways. :confused:
It was a reference my comment about the scores of shows in which I had an entry or had acted as a class judge.
Almost all the shows in which I exhibited had judges that did not interact with the exhibitors in the classes they were judging, specifically at the request of the show promoters to avoid signs of bias.
The few I was asked to officiate in as a class judge had strict guidelines about commenting on the entries in that class.
Commentary by judges on the cars they are evaluating is an unusual occurrence for me.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The whole car show thing on vehicles like these seems a little odd to me anyways. Coming from an air-cooled (classic) VW background, where a car that has been painstakingly restored to original condition as it was 40+ years ago or a radical custom car that has its undercarriage all painted up and chrome everywhere are the types of cars I think of when I think show car.

Our TDIs, by and large, are daily or semi-daily drivers that are of course well maintained (for the most part) and may have some light modding but nothing really ground breaking or radical. While I take pride in my cars, all of them, something I bought new and have babied for only 5 years is hardly something I would expect to hold a flame against a '56 Oval Window that has had a $25k restoration performed on it.

So I think this competitiveness and pissy whining about a TDI club show 'n shine is really out of line, and we should all just enjoy coming together and enjoying our cars and our company and not place winning a trophy above all else. Because then, it will eventually distill down into some "trailer queen" event and that is not why I like the TDI club. :cool:

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
oilhammer said:
The whole car show thing on vehicles like these seems a little odd to me anyways. Coming from an air-cooled (classic) VW background, where a car that has been painstakingly restored to original condition as it was 40+ years ago or a radical custom car that has its undercarriage all painted up and chrome everywhere are the types of cars I think of when I think show car.

Our TDIs, by and large, are daily or semi-daily drivers that are of course well maintained (for the most part) and may have some light modding but nothing really ground breaking or radical. While I take pride in my cars, all of them, something I bought new and have babied for only 5 years is hardly something I would expect to hold a flame against a '56 Oval Window that has had a $25k restoration performed on it......
hmmm..... Indeed, your just angry that all of the vendors rejected your "super chodes insignia" medium blue seat cover idea.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
thebigarniedog said:
hmmm..... Indeed, your just angry that all of the vendors rejected your "super chodes insignia" medium blue seat cover idea.

LMAO....

:D:D:D

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
For me Portland is only 2860 miles give or take, an easy two day drive and 3.5 tanks of fuel. Maybe I could finally win the Highest Fuel Mileage award:rolleyes: , if I can only keep my boost below 25 and my speed below 80:eek:.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Tomorrow is the Day,
Fred's answer & we'll know,
Chicago or Oregon way!
Looking forward to it, so ....
Fred, what do you say!?
Kristina

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
No matter where it will be I won't be there because of the move in for my children for college. Besides I won't have any spare cash to buy stuff. Unless it is in Oshkosh, WI ;)

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Yup, tomorrow is announcement day and it's between Chicago and Oregon. For those early risers on the East Coast, it won't be there when you get up in the morning, but it will be before midnight Pacific time.:)

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Fred,

you are such a tease... posting the last message at 1 AM eastern on the announcement day...

sounds to me like the east coast will need to wait until TUESDAY to find out who wins.. :(

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Growler said:
Fred,

you are such a tease... posting the last message at 1 AM eastern on the announcement day...

sounds to me like the east coast will need to wait until TUESDAY to find out who wins.. :(
Is registration open yet?

mblhrmn

TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI, BLK
You mean it's not like Christmas when you can get up first thing in the morning and see what you got?!!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
airwolf said:
What is the number for the hotel?....
My hope is that the number is either 6 or 8.

Motel6, or Super8: That's about the extent of my budget.

Maybe the A3 Inn: The room comes with a manual open skylight. Gives an entirely new meaning to "turn down service"!

Last edited: